X

gas tank hoses????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank hoses????

hello all, i just purshased a bike a day or so ago, not running. this is my first bike i have owned, and have never drove a bike befor! however, i am having an issue hooking up the fuel tank. i have a 1990 katana 750 non-cali. the tanks has i belive 5 ports on it. two on the each side of the valve, 1 on the back of the valve, 1 on i belive is the fuel guage sender, and another one that is just a nipple on the bottom of the tank. im not sure whitch on goes to what? i think the 2 on the sides of the valve is the fuel to the carbs, but not sure of the rest! ant help would be great. Thanks for your time.

the three on the petcock go to the carbs, two big are fuel, small is vacuum from carb 4, others are vent and drain hoses that vent under bike

Comment

Exactly. 2 fuel lines, one vacuum line and the rest are just overflow/vent.

Comment

cool! well i fixed it! there is supposed to be a spring in there that waesnt there so i used one out of an ink pen! haha! and the little metal pice that push on the diaphram was bent up and not pushing it when i set it on prime! bent it back in place and i got fuel now!! thanks for the info!!!

Comment

Working...
        X