No announcement yet.
X

carb problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, I was using ronayer's they call it a model 3 instead of a J. I couldn't tell if there was a plug that just fell apart, because there was so much crap in the bottom of each bowel.

Cool, so I got the slides in the wrong way. And the fresh gas is turned to brown toilet water. And the petcock is shot. Hmmm is this adding up fast...

I'm guessing I might have to etch and coat the tank to stop the rust. Then rebuild or purchase a petcock. And fix the carbs (put the slides in the correct way). I can knock out the first 2 problems with a remote tank, just to see if I get it running.

Comment

Alright! Called the shipper Thursday to find out what the deal was with my aux tank. Went to the wrong address, it showed up today with a free hat .

So went into the carbs today and found that the plastic guide for the vacumme valves is only ment to go in one way, and that is the hole between the two o-rings face away from the engine and towards the little air jet in the front of the carb. Infact it has a flat spot on one side right were the torx screws go in to hold it.

Then I found 2 of the brass pick up tubes (must be a starting jet) that leads up to the choke on two of the carbs plugged.

After cleaning and checking, I put everything back on the Ka tuna, hooked up my new aux gas tank waited for the bowels to fill up, pulled the choke and she fired right up. Followed the instructions for the Motion Pro Sync, and now she sounds mean So on to getting a kit now to etch and coat the tank.

I thankyou again for the help.

Comment

When you get a kit to coat the tank, please post.

I had some rust in the tank as well that I cleaned, but would like to coat for peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
        X