Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1996 Katana 750 exhaust, dual or single?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Katana 750 exhaust, dual or single?

I was just looking on eBay for some replacement components for my Kat when I saw someone selling what looks like a 4-to-1 exhaust header.

Did the 1996 Kat 750 come with that stock?

Also, would that fit on a 1992 Kat 750, that came stock with dual exhausts? I've got to replace my right can as it got bent up in an accident, and might just convert to a single exhaust while I'm at it, if it is possible.
    "Of what is significant in one's own existence one is hardly aware, and it certainly should not bother the other fellow. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?" -- Einstein

sadrik
    00 Blue VFR800, '99 Blue Katana 750

Re: 1996 Katana 750 exhaust, dual or single?

Originally posted by sadrik
    Did the 1996 Kat 750 come with that stock?
    Nope. pre98 750s had dual exhaust.

Yes there are several 4-1 exhaust solutions. PM Special K. He may have the parts you're looking for.

Also try pipecity.com.
    '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

did you happen to notice who was the only person bidding on the exhaust he linked to...

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
        did you happen to notice who was the only person bidding on the exhaust he linked to...
        Didn't notice that the first time.
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
          Oh dear.
          "Of what is significant in one's own existence one is hardly aware, and it certainly should not bother the other fellow. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?" -- Einstein

sadrik

Comment

I guess you can always buy it from him later...

Comment

Sorry...........it was just so low I couldn't pass it up!

Guess I was having a weak moment then............

I laid off it................just threw out a very low bid.

Sorry If I messed you guys up any.............
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Not sure if I'll be bidding on it or not. Haven't heard from the insurance company yet, and there's a chance they'll write off my bike so I would have no use for those headers.

Did the '96 Katana 750 use the same header/engine interface as the '92? Would those headers bolt onto a '92 without a fight?

sadrik

Comment

Hey, they're just down the street from me... I've bought stuff from this guy before (and met him in person when he lived two blocks from me) -- he buys bikes at auction and strips them in his livingroom (very enterprising young man).

Hmmm... Maybe I should get in on this bidding war...

Laughing
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X