oil pressure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure?

Hi everyone,
    Im a new member but have been watching this site since I bought my Kat about a year ago. I know there is a wealth of info here, so i thought I would tap into it.

Recently I knoticed my 04 Kat 600 oil light faintly glowing. Its so faint that you can only see it at night, and it only does it between 65 and 75 Mph (6th gear). Its RPM related, I can get it to do it in neutral with the RPM's right.

Could the sensor be faulty? Is this a common problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Truly abnormal

I'll go ahead and throw the obvious out there just to make sure.

Have you checked the oil level?

Have you changed the oil recently?

Did you put the right viscosity oil in if you did?
    There are two types of riders: Those that have been down, and Those that will go down.
    I belong to the first.

06 Kat Blue and White for the moment...

Comment

When I first noticed the problem, I checked the oil level (which was good). Then I changed it and the oil filter. Viscosity breakdown was my second thought. However, it didn't seem to help.

Thanks Joe, sometimes it is the "obvious" things that get by me.

Comment

Forgot to mention the first time welcome to KR.

I would check if the sensor is leaking, or possibly a short in the wire if it is not happening at a very low idle.

You could always fix it with a little piece of electrical tape right on top of the light.
        There are two types of riders: Those that have been down, and Those that will go down.
        I belong to the first.

06 Kat Blue and White for the moment...

Comment

welcome
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the freindly advice. By the way Joe, if nothing else works, I may just use the tape

Comment

welcome to KR
              time to nut up or shut up
              Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
              The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X