Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Jet Kit Users- Pilot jet and main Jet size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Kit Users- Pilot jet and main Jet size?

I have recently ordered a K & N Filter for my 750 Kat and purchased a used Hindle muffler (tks Junior). After speaking with friends and the local bike shop, I have been advised that a Jet Kit will most likely be needed to avoid performance problems. The guy at the shop did recommend rather than purchasing a kit with lot's of jets, etc. to find out what other people have used for their main jet and piolt jet, and just purchase the one(s) I need. Will save a BUNCH of $$$$$$. So just wondering for those who know, can you post the size of the jets you've installed. Thanks.
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

read through this.

the jet numbers are dynojets so will sound smaller than the Factory Jets - but it's just a numbering thing.

IF..... saving $$ is the most important thing. leave the pilot jet the same, shim the needle & set the air/fuel 3.5 turns out.

Dynojet uses the same jet in all four carbs and Factory uses two different sizes. I don't know what the stock 750 main jet is - but i'd buy a couple different sizes and test which one pulls the best.

tim

Comment

Stock in my '93 was 3 105's and 1 110 in #3 . Dunno if that'd be the same for the later models ... I've got K&N pods in mine and a Yosh slip-on , and a 771 kit , and I'm running 110's or 112's . Don't really remembr which , but it's not much more than stock sizes ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Jet kits

Might want to check K&N store on eBay:

Get the best deals on Stores HUB when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

They have been doing blow out sales for $36. I know they have some for 600's didn't see any 750's but maybe you could ask.
        Chris
        Chris

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
        Ralph W. Sockman

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

HOLD THE PHONE! Check out the link below. Ivan is giving away a jet kit for someone to test. If I did not have a jet kit in my bike and know what I know about jet kits, I'd take him up on the offer ASAP!! If he can get 88+ hp out of a stock airfilter and a slip-on that's awesome. PLUS you save money on the K&N and a jet kit. I vote use his for FREE and provide him with the result data he asked for.

my 2 cents
          jim
          Are paradigms another way of viewing 20 pennies or 4 nickles . . . think out of the roll

Comment

I like to get either the Factory Pro or DynoJet kits. I like the extra sets of jets............. Either one is $100-$120, so there's no savings to get one with only one set of jets. Besides, jet size matters based on elevation, temperature, moisture, etc. Best bet is to get a kit that has several & go with the best all-around set-up.

I can look up what I've used on other bikes similar to yours.............. E-mail me you bike's info & I can help dial you in to the right set up.

The air needles you get with teh jet kits are very important for performance. As I'm sure Ivan will tell you, the profile or taper on them is EXTREMELY important for maximum efficiency ad HP. I 'd never use a stock set of needles with larger main jets..............
            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by simple guy
              HOLD THE PHONE! Check out the link below. Ivan is giving away a jet kit for someone to test. If I did not have a jet kit in my bike and know what I know about jet kits, I'd take him up on the offer ASAP!! If he can get 88+ hp out of a stock airfilter and a slip-on that's awesome. PLUS you save money on the K&N and a jet kit. I vote use his for FREE and provide him with the result data he asked for.

my 2 cents
              jim
              I sent a PM but did't get a response...

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                Originally posted by simple guy

my 2 cents
                jim
                I sent a PM but did't get a response...
                I bet he is discriminating Canucks....since you have about 5 hours of riding time left! Wait for the Jet-kit...later on, read the reviews of Ivan's...it sounds like he has a great product and can give you the best kit

Comment

Froggy, Check your PM inbox.

Ivan
                  www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
                  Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

find out what the stock size is on the main and move up two sizes at least did that for my 600 and what a differece everone will give lots of reasons just to buy a kit if you are paying someone to do the work then make sure you know what they are going to do could be a big bill at the end might have to play a couple of time to get the right set up
                    it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                    Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I posted this awhile ago, and haven't resonded. Our 5-15 cm snow fall on Saturday, turned out to be 35 cm and I lost my power Sat nite and didn't come back on till Tuesday afternoon. I thought the generator would get a break after last years hurricane!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Froggy, I can't stand the snow myself...one day I'll move to a warmer climate.

Ivan
                        www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
                        Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

FROGGY:

The jets you need are probably going to be 118.

The DynoJet kit # 3158 comes with 106, 110, 114, 118, and 122 main jets. With a Hindle and a K&N, you'll probably want to go with only the 118's, but can try the 122's.

The kits also have LOTS of other parts...some you need, some are there just in case you loose or break yours.

I have LOTS of jets if you need a set. ALso have lots of e-clips and adjusting wshers............just don't have needles! They are part # DNO255

HEY! IDEA I should just BUY some of those needles and offer kits to Kats in order to save money and unload excess parts...................

e-mail me if I can help you with anything
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Special K
                            FROGGY:

that funny he is running a 750 katana and i am use bigger main jet then that in a 600 with out a can and no problems bike pulls hard all the way mines 120 118.5 118.5 120 air fuel screws 2.75 turn out air box mode with droping 1 tooth on the front gets light
                            it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                            Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Originally posted by ghelper
                              Originally posted by Special K
                              FROGGY:

that funny he is running a 750 katana and i am use bigger main jet then that in a 600 with out a can and no problems bike pulls hard all the way mines 120 118.5 118.5 120 air fuel screws 2.75 turn out air box mode with droping 1 tooth on the front gets light
                              those must be Factory Jets which has a different numbering system.
                              dynojet doesn't make a 118.5

tim

Comment

Working...
                              X