Replace Choque Cable [Photo Guide] [Easy]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Choque Cable [Photo Guide] [Easy]

Hi there,

I damaged my choque cable a while ago by placing my fuel tank an i squeezed my choque cable. There i replaced it i took some pictures so here comes the guide.

Its not a impressive guide for most of the people here but i guess for some people it will be handy. Skill level needed to do this is low.

Tools needed:
    - Philips screwdriver, a short one or one that fit a wrench.
    - Allen key number 5
    - Wrench number 13

1) Remove the screws listed below. Allso the screws of the cover on the other side. Thus 6 screws alltogether.

2) Pull the covers gently on both sides so the tank comes free.

3) gently pick up the fuil tank and move it over the battery as far as you can. carefully so you dont pull loose fuel tubes.

4) Remove the screws from the handle (2 pieces)

5) pull down the botom part of the handle like this

6) pull loose the choque handle till it comes out, dont use brute force so it wont break.

7) Insert the new cable into the square hole and hook it into the choque handle the same like the old one was insert.

8) Put the choque handle bach in its place and put the handle back together with the 2 screws. dont forget the metal piece to keep the cable on its place. Now guide the cable to the carburator like shown in the picture below.

9) At the carburator hook in the lead part. Ohh you see all the dirt there? make profit of this oportunity to clean it.

10) Hook in the other end of the cable.

11) What i did is tye the cables together using a tyerap so the cables stay in the midle so i cant damage them with the fuel tank.

12) Use the screw shown below, turn it loose to put a litle tension on the cable.

13) make sure when you move the choque handle the pal goes up and all the way down. Double check that the pal goes back competely, else your choque will stay open. If youre unsure beter loosen the cable a bit.

14) Put everyting back together and youre done.

I want to apologize if i write words wrong, im not english.
    Further i hope this was usefull to you, Have Fun.
    Last edited by Godwyn; 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM.

Good write up, with the pics you can't go wrong
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Nice write up!!!

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yes, an excellent "How To" article.

For the spelling, at least for us in the USA area, we would spell your word "choque" as choke. But it looks we all knew what you were talking about.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
        X