X

Clutch problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch problem?

So i'm doing burnouts in my neighborhood on my 05 Kat 600, and as i go to take off.. i have to rev to 10000 rpm to even get the bike going with the clutch let loose. I think i burned it out. any suggestions on where to get a new one from? Gotta get this fixed today or tomorrow since i totalled my car on saturday and have no other vehicle..

Originally posted by primesession21 View Post
    So i'm doing burnouts in my neighborhood on my 05 Kat 600, and as i go to take off.. i have to rev to 10000 rpm to even get the bike going with the clutch let loose. I think i burned it out. any suggestions on where to get a new one from? Gotta get this fixed today or tomorrow since i totalled my car on saturday and have no other vehicle..
    Wrecked your car and now you wrecked your bike, huh. Clutches are not cheap. Expect to pay a least $100 for a new set of fibers and steel plates. You maybe able to find some used ones on ebay but they maybe just like yours so be aware.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

bump

Comment

clutches aren't cheap, and you probably should take it easy on ur bike, esp since you already wrecked your car.
        anyway, since u gotta have it done asap, get it from the dealer, they'll have it in stock or have in a day or two. if you get for online, you'll have to wait 3-7 days probably.

Comment

yup sounds like a clutch problem, there not bad to do urself though. i've done it on my pre though not to sure about post.
          this is the best icon eva

Comment

Please post pics of the abused parts when you get them out, the metal plates will be interesting.

By the way, how old are you anyway? Generally anyone over 25 knows that all you are doing is making yourself look like an ***. Have fun replacing the rear tire too. 5 minutes of fun - $500 of damage. Lucky you didn't hook up and break your neck.

Pay no attention to my avatar.
            Last edited by akarob; 07-01-2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akarob View Post

Pay no attention to my avatar.
              LMAO thats funny.

Burnouts are fun but very expensive!

Comment

First try adjusting it and see if it helps anything. Maybe you'll have enough stack height left to at least make it ok to commute with until the clutch comes in. It's a good bet that you'll be replacing that clutch though.

Also, if you managed to burn your clutch up doing burnouts, then you were doing them all wrong anyway.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

im 23... and yeah burnouts are pretty fun lol... Is there a DIY anyone knows about on how to replace it. I don't think it was just from the burn outs.. but it did give way during one.. Lol

Comment

anyone ever change their own clutch b4? is there a DIY on that?

Comment

That's not a how to on it. It's easy. I'd tell you to go download the service manual, but the wiki is still sitting on the old hosts server.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                      X