X

Weird idling....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird idling....

Hello all, have had my '04 600 now for almost a year and have had no issues with it at all.
    Well, till now, that is.

Lately I have been having soemthing weird going on with it at idle. Not too mechanically-inclined either.

Once she's all warmed up, it typically idles right around 1200 rpms and sounds smooth; just purrs.
    But once I'm out riding it for a while and come to a stop, the the rpms will sometimes jump to almost 2,000! I have noticed this on warmer/hot days and when I sit in traffic.

The only engine-related mod I have done to it is put a Two Brothers V.A.L.E M-2 can on it.

Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Did a search on this and didn't really come up with much
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

that sounds like a lean condition, probably enhanced by the new can. probably need to reset sync/idle mixture.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

or buy a jet kit....sounds lean

Comment

possibly anything I can do with the A/F screws first that might help?
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Working...
        X