Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I am willing to give way a free jet kit....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am willing to give way a free jet kit....

If anyone is interested....

I would be willing to give away one of my new Katana jet kits for someone to try and share their results here.

The only requirement that I have is that the person installs it right away and shares his/her results after road testing it.

Ivan
    www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
    Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

That's for the post '98 750's , right ? If it were for pre'98 750's , I'd be all over that !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I gues it would have to go to a SOUTHERN member...dammit!

Comment

Go away Range it's only for people who still have Katanas. Traitor.

Comment

When you want to test one for a pre98 Katana 600 let me know and I'll take you up on the offer...I'm about to rejet mine very soon!

Comment

You have a taker!

I have a 2000 katana 750 and am interested. However; your website indicates the kit is for a katana that has the stock air box/filter. My bike has a K&N filter in the stock airbox. Does this matter? If not, PM me and I'll send you my address and a phone number.

jim
            Are paradigms another way of viewing 20 pennies or 4 nickles . . . think out of the roll

Comment

Re: I am willing to give way a free jet kit....

Originally posted by Ivan
              If anyone is interested....

I would be willing to give away one of my new Katana jet kits for someone to try and share their results here.

The only requirement that I have is that the person installs it right away and shares his/her results after road testing it.

Ivan
              I can personally vouch for the trustworthiness and high skill of Ivan. Over the winter, I spoke with Ivan about my ultra rare Suzuki RF900R, and he not only gave me every recommendation I could possibly ask for for my bike (which basically no one has decent power parts for) he also took the time to tell me about it out of his busy schedule. With his PERFECT jet kit and settings, and an ignition advancer that he got me pretty cheap, my bike was completely transformed. It has the most linear powerband I could imagine. It will throttle the whell airborne in first and second with stock gearing, which it never did before. It has a LOT more low end power, and somehow also is a lot better screaming up top. Both me, and my best friend Mike, who also has an Ivan's jet kit in his Bandit 1200 were totally blown away by the difference his jet kit made in my bike. Better gas milage, a lot more power, and the linearity that makes any type of riding easier. He took the time to talk to me for quite some time on the phone, before I even ordered the kit. He told me EXACTLY what setting to put the carbs at, needle height, fuel mix...everything. He told me which air filter to get, which advancer to get. And he told me this basically off the top of his head! And, to finish off the great personal attention, he threw in some pre clipped springs that he had used on the RF900 he built the kit on, for free. I will always recommend an IVAN'S Jet kit over any other type, since he puts in the time and work to make your bike better everywhere on the power curve. He gives you ONE setting, not a whole bunch of stuff you have to try to figure out what works. When I get a new bike sometime, I will be calling Ivan first thing to see what he can do for it, whatever it is!!

Keith

Comment

I'd love to try one on my '99 600 if you ever get to those...bet you'd sell alot more than the 750 as well.

Thanks for the endorsement NewRider...and welcome.
                Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Ivan-

I would be more than willing to test one for you if you are interested in a pre-98 600 Katana. I have the stock airbox and filter, with a Yoshimura full system exhaust.

Since I am in still warm South Carolina, I still ride to work everday I don't have something big or heavy to carry.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Re: You have a taker!

Originally posted by simple guy
                    I have a 2000 katana 750 and am interested. However; your website indicates the kit is for a katana that has the stock air box/filter. My bike has a K&N filter in the stock airbox. Does this matter? If not, PM me and I'll send you my address and a phone number.

jim
                    What mods have you done besides the K&N?

Do you still have the stock filter?
                    This is a requirement and is not very expensive anyway.

Maybe somone has one that they are not using and is willing to give it to you???

What exhaust do you have? (slip-on or full system?)
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the praise Keith.... Much appreciated !!
                    I really do try as hard as I can to make the best stuff, and make your job the easiest.
                    ------------------------------------------

Waltari wrote:
                    When you want to test one for a pre98 Katana 600 let me know and I'll take you up on the offer...I'm about to rejet mine very soon!
                    If you can be without your bike for a few weeks, I would be happy to make one for it.
                    Do you still own the stock exhaust?
                    What exhaust are you planning to use?

You will need to contact me by phone to set it up
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to try one on my '99 600 if you ever get to those...bet you'd sell alot more than the 750 as well.
                    I would make one..... I just need a donor bike
                    -----------------------------------

Ivan
                    Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

Ivan Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: You have a taker! What mods have you done besides the K&N?

Do you still have the stock filter?
                      This is a requirement and is not very expensive anyway.

Maybe somone has one that they are not using and is willing to give it to you???

What exhaust do you have? (slip-on or full system?)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Ivan,
                      Present mods are K&N airfilter (and I don't know anyone in the area that has a stock filter I can use), V&H slip-on piple only with stock header, Dynojet stage 1 kit, and 5 degree advancer (Holeshot). The main reason that I am looking into your kit is that after installing the Dynojet my low end is not as responsive as it can be. I used 114 main jets and the bike had awesome accel. between idle to 6K and after 6K the accel. was OK. I installed 118 mains per Dynojet and the bike has awesome topend pull but I lost a little on the bottom end (idle to 6K) even after fine tuning the needles and air/fuel mixture screws. I wanted to see if your kit performs the same way (experiment). What is the reason for the stock air filter when using your kit? Don't you have adjustments for a bike with a modified filter system with your kit?

jim
                      Are paradigms another way of viewing 20 pennies or 4 nickles . . . think out of the roll

Comment

What is the reason for the stock air filter when using your kit?

Don't you have adjustments for a bike with a modified filter system with your kit?
                        When I design a carb kit , I will always test if the bike will respond to more air......If it doesn't, I will design the kit to work with the stock filter.

It would be to my benefit ($$$) to sell air filters....
                        (but, why waste money??)

I would rather the customer get the most for his/her money.

My testing has shown me that different air filters require a different needle profile to work the best.

In order to do that properly, the kit would need 2 different needle sets.
                        Why bother if it won't make more power?

Ivan
                        Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

IVAN:

I've got several test beds here for you. Here's what I have now:

2002 Kat 600 with a 1200 Bandit engine.

1999 600 Kat, bone stock

1995 750 Kat. D&D system, K&N air filter, needs jet kit. (ordered it last week, waiting on it to finish bike!)

1993 750 with several performance mods (Jet kit, pods, punched put V&H SS2r, Ignition advancer, Accel Super coils, etc.

I also have access to several Kats I have sold locally, so just about any year and size Kat from 1991 to 2002, 60 or 750.

I'm in NC, near Greensboro.

Best way to reach me is E-mail at [email protected].

How would you want to do this "need a donor bike" exactly..............

Keith

Oh, yea..........I can put a jet kit in easily, (have dome about 20-30 on Kats) and obviously would be more than happy to share info, results, etc. in any way I can!
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                            Go away Range it's only for people who still have Katanas. Traitor.

Classic!!!!

Comment

How would you want to do this "need a donor bike" exactly..............

I need the bike in my posession for the entire development process.
                              I would'nt let anybody else do the work....
                              (sorry, if thats what you're leading to )

For the free kit, I really want someone who has a stock engine and slip-on with a stock air filter.... just the average guy who knows how to install a kit and will post his impressions here.

Simple Guy is the best candidate so far (just needs a stock air filter)

Ivan
                              Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

Working...
                              X