Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I am willing to give way a free jet kit....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivan

Simple Guy is the best candidate so far (just needs a stock air filter)

Ivan
    I wasn't elluding to anything, just couldn't figure out how you were going to transport my bike!

I've got lots of extra stock air filters here - be glad to donate to the cause!
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thanks for the filter offer

Special K and Ivan,
      Thank you both for the filter and kit offer, however a situation arose that has required me to sell my bike (and it may be a while before I own another katana ) I truly appreciate the offers. I’ll make sure I keep the both of you in mind when I come in contact with other Kat riders to let them know about the site and of your businesses.

Ride safe,
      jim
      Are paradigms another way of viewing 20 pennies or 4 nickles . . . think out of the roll

Comment

Re: Thanks for the filter offer

Originally posted by simple guy
        Special K and Ivan,
        Thank you both for the filter and kit offer, however a situation arose that has required me to sell my bike (and it may be a while before I own another katana ) I truly appreciate the offers. I’ll make sure I keep the both of you in mind when I come in contact with other Kat riders to let them know about the site and of your businesses.

Ride safe,
        jim
        uh you will be visiting us still right? i mean once a kat owner always a kat owner.. well unless you become a traitor and buy a triumph they you are dead to us..
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I have a mostly stock '92 600, stock air box & filter, but full yoshi exhaust and accel supercoils. I'm riding every day still and can easily throw in a jet kit in an evening. I also have a full Kerker exhaust sitting in my garage I can swap out to test, and once I get around to putting it back together another '92 kat 600 that I can test on
          ~Jayson

Comment

I only have kits right now for the 750...

I haven't made a kit for the 600 yet.

Ivan
            www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
            Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

Well, I think you can tell by the responses here that when and if you do get around to a kit for the 600 (both pre and post '98 ) you will have quite a few customers. I know I will buy one if you make one.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Have '02 750!

Ivan,
                So far it seems you don't have good candidate yet. If you have already given away a jet kit, thanks for the offer anyway. If not, I would be more than happy to help you out. My only problem is I won't have a Slip-on in my hands to install with the jet kit until Christmas. It will be a gift from my wife and probably won't be delivered until the 21st or so. You mentioned you wanted the kit installed right away. If no one has taken your offer by then and it still stands, I will get back to you here and let you know I am ready to install the kit immediately after you ship it. If you want to send it sooner, I sure won't complain but I wouldn't be able to post any feedback until Dec 30th or so. I have already spoken to my bike mechanic and he can install the Slip-on and jet kit on Mon or Tues the 28th/29th. I don't think I'd dare install the kit myself (I only know cars) but my mechanic lives a block away from my house and I would be there during the install. My bike is an '02 Kat 750 with 6500 miles and is 100 percent stock at the moment including the air filter. The Slip-on will be a Scorpion stainless steel standard mount can. Thanks again.
                Anxiously waiting for X-mas,
                Ryan

Comment

Give me a call on Monday (11/29) and we will get one out to you...

Thanks,

Ivan
                  845-268-1212
                  Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan
                    I only have kits right now for the 750...

I haven't made a kit for the 600 yet.

Ivan
                    I'd be willing to use my bike. 04 600. it's all stock. nothing done to it as of yet.

www.vwvortex.com
                    I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                    Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Ive got a stock, 2000 katana 750..stock air filter as well..for now. If you've got any left, I'd be interested in this as well. 8)

Comment

Malloc got Ivan's JetKit, and on Wednesday afternoon we installed it in his California-spec 2000 Kat 750. Today we got around to syncing the carbs (Morgan CarbTune II), and fixing a few minor issues. I have to say that I was damn impressed by the results and heartily endorse Ivan's kit myself now.

Ivan, I have a few suggestions to improve your kit -- or at least to improve the process for first-timers:

(A) Include a couple extra printed sheets with the step-by-step instructions with pictures, or at least point first-timers to a webpage with the same info. You could probably use this webpage as a good basis: http://www.ricter.com/jetkit.html
                        This would reduce the intimidation factor for a lot of guys who have never been inside a carb before. I know Malloc would have never done the work by himself (and opted for a shop instead).

(B) Mark the drill bit with a permanent marker or tape to the drill depth in advance. Or at least specify in the instructions how deep to mark it.

(C) Specify when the 1/2 step shims should be used -- high altitudes, sea level, etc. We didn't use them, as your instructions said not to for starters, but I can see the "so when do I?" being a source of confusion.

PS - The '98 - '05 California-spec carbs are almost identical to the 49-state spec; the primary differences are additional drains on the float bowls (to suck out the extra fuel at shut-down into the charcoal cannister) and higher-precision jets (same size, just closer tolerances from the factory). Note that the '04 and '05 California spec Katana also get a catalytic converter.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

CyberPoet...Thanks for helping him install the kit!!
                          And for the endorsement as well

I have thought about improving the instructions in the past and have chosen against it.....

I would rather have people call me on the phone and personally walk them through their questions/problems.

There is one more person located in Arizona who also got a free kit.....Hopefully he will post up soon.

There is a 15% discount in effect until christmas eve 12/24/04 on all my Carb Kits.

Ivan
                          Suzuki Katana Jet Kits

Comment

Too Bad you weren't Closer to me in NY...I'd gladly offer up my '04 600 to the development cause and with the snow now coming down i dont think i'll be needing the bike for a few months although last wednesday I took it out for a 50 mile ride but it was still only 36 degrees out...Felt good to get out on her again one last time before snow

Comment

Originally posted by TurboRangerSVO
                              Too Bad you weren't Closer to me in NY...I'd gladly offer up my '04 600 to the development cause and with the snow now coming down i dont think i'll be needing the bike for a few months although last wednesday I took it out for a 50 mile ride but it was still only 36 degrees out...Felt good to get out on her again one last time before snow
                              Geesh, free jet kit, free install, free tuning, and you can't find justification to put the bike in the back of a pick-up truck and drive the distance?

Hmmm...
                              Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm with you Cyber..... I seriously considered offering to take him my bike from here in South Carolina!! I think there are a lot of people waiting for a development of a kit for the 600 both pre-'98 and post-'98.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                                who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                                X