X

Oil Light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Light

So i just recieved my new insturment cluster for my kat that i ordered off ebay(it didnt have one when i bought it). I plugged it in to make sure everything worked and to see how many miles it had on it. When i did the oil light turned on but went off when i started the bike.

Is this normal or does this sound like there could be a problem?
    The oil seemed a little low a couple days ago so i filled it and now it looks a little past the high mark.

it's been awhile....due to my kat being out of action, but I believe that's normal for the light to turn on pre-ignition then go off. It would only be a problem if it stays on after starting up.
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Engine not running = oil not being pumped = no oil pressure = oil pressure light on
      Engine running = oil being pumped = oil pressure = oil pressure light off.
      Now if it's on and engine is running, you have problems, possibly really big problems.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Ditto on the above comments. Normal operation, oil light lights up when ignition turns on, then when engine is started, oil lights turns off.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Thats what i was kind of thinking since the same kind of thing happens
          with my car. I just didnt know if it was the same for motorcycles.
          Thats a big relief. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X