X

Oil light on after valvr adj

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil light on after valvr adj

So my light came on after i did a valve adj, i dont thinkg i did anything to make it come on, but i dont know, i might of hit the sending unit when i was turning the engine but im not sure, any ideas?

cant remember type of terminal on the sender, think it was a stud and nut so it should not have come loose
    I would pull the cover and check the connection , they usually have plastic center so it would not be hard to crack it if you bumped it
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Just in case:

You did check your oil level, correct?

Comment

oh yeh i checked the lvl, is good, ill opeb it up and take a look

Comment

I bet you damaged the sender or the wire while you were under there..

Comment

yeah thats what pops told me, well what he actually said was and i quote " ur a Fu*^%ng idiot and probably F%#*ed up the wire when you were turning the engine, i told you to be careful..... Idiot" he actually did tell me to to becareful but you know

Comment

Sounds like my Father in Law..

Comment

oh yeah, i went for a ride and i notice that at about 6 to 7 k rev the light turns off, if i go lower then 6 it turns back on whats that about

Comment

Low oil pressure, I think you have a problem

Comment

yeah i think i do now, any ideas where should i start!?

Comment

Well good news is that the oil light should turn off as you try and start it.
                      So you don't have to run the engine while you look around.

Comment

do the sending unit go bad often? and is it hard to actually change it, ive never changed one, actually ive never had one got bad on me, i dont know where it is in the kat

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

Sounds like my Father in Law..
                          Yer Father in Law is Arsenic?

See My Garage for mods...
                          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Besides the oil pressure switch and wiring, could the four hollow valve cover bolts have any affect. Solid bolt in an oil feed? Or maybe this would just starve the top end of oil? Just trying to help as this scenario would terrify me...

Maybe the gaskets where the 4 hollow valve cover bolts are located? Cracked, mispositioned?
                            Last edited by MeowKat; 05-29-2010, 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

the bolts are hollow i replace them with OEm ones while i was there,i was thinking about the gasket but if that was so i would have an oil leak there is nothing. Oh yeah what gasket i thinkg they come with ether flat washers or they are in the bolt cant remember right now but i dont think there were any gaskets.

Comment

Working...
                              X