Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Daytona (shindy) Digital oil temp gauge, anyone try it yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona (shindy) Digital oil temp gauge, anyone try it yet?

Has anyone tried it yet?

I remember a little while ago, someone asked about it, have not heard from anybody... The advantage is that the sender is the oil drain plug, which means it's the easiest install. If it wasnt for that, I'd go with CyberPoet's way in a heartbeat.

So, anybody?

Aramis

I still haven't tried one. But if you send me your oil pan if/when you winterize your bike, I'll put the sender in and get it back to you in short order... Most machine shops will tap in the sender for $25 or less if you bring them the pan, which still makes my solution cheaper

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the offer Cyber, but drilling the pan is out of the question for now... I even approached the subject with a few dealers around here, they told me that would instantly *&^% up my warranty. Even if that's not entirely true, I really don't want to spend half a year fighting that if something even comes up. Unless of course you can talk your supplier into making a sender that fits the drain plug hole. Cuz I would prefer your gauge over the digital one for sure... let me know...

Aramis

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggy
        Originally posted by Aramis
        Thanks for the offer Cyber, but drilling the pan is out of the question for now... I even approached the subject with a few dealers around here, they told me that would instantly *&^% up my warranty.
        That's why you get a second pan from eBay or the local wrecking yard. If you have to take it in you can just swap out the pan. Time consuming but doable.
        While I agree that a second pan is good, the reality is that the dealerships are fucking with him. The MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT (US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312) says that unless they can specifically demonstrate that the any mod was the specific or a signficantly underlying reason for a failure, they can't eliminate full coverage as a result of a mod. But I don't want him to have to argue with his local dealership (after all, if they are willing to misinform him now, imagine what they'll do to him if he really does have a problem).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X