X

Problems after changing spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after changing spark plugs

Ok starting a few days ago the kat started to feel like it had lost some power, not alot of power but enough to notice. So I decided to go ahead and change the spark plugs since the bike has 7153 miles on it.

After I installed all the plugs I had a hard time getting it started so I used the choke and started it up and let it warm up for a few seconds and turned off the choke and its idling fine but when I give it throttle it will rev up to 3k rpm and hang for a few seconds then jump way up.

I checked and made sure I installed the spark plugs correctly and that I used the right plugs. I also checked and made sure that I had the plug wires seated all the way and that I didnt get them out of order. I then checked and made sure that all the plug wires where hooked to the coils and that I didnt unhooked or unseat some of the electrical wires going to the coils.

I also checked and made sure I wasnt pintching any of the vacuum lines or fuel lines and that nothing came unhooked. I also tried starting the bike with the petcock in the primary position and in the on position with no change.

Im out of ideas????

Thanks,
    -Nik

Make sure the vacuum line on the back of the petcock is attached at both ends.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

It is, I double checked.

Comment

search "hanging idle", you go a vac leak someplace more likely

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

only suggestion is to take it all out again and double check ur steps. if the bike ran ok before and bad after more then likely u might accidently missed a step. eighter that put the old plugs back in and see how it runs. hope this helps.
          this is the best icon eva

Comment

Double checked everything and put old plugs back in and Im still having the issue. I cant find any vacuum leaks.

Comment

Working...
            X