X

Gettin my 93 Kat goin....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin my 93 Kat goin....

I have had this 93 for probably 10 years now, and not done anything with it really. Well this year is the year I get it goin! I have my license now, and I want to ride, so I'm getting it going now and thought I would do a little bit of a vid log as I go. I had a friend of a friend do some work on the bike the 2 years ago and it ran great for like a day, and I parked it. The next day I found a puddle underneath and didn't have time to do anything with it (moving, work, life, blah blah) so it sat till last summer. Well I had another buddy come over and look at it with me and the engine was full of gas..... so we emptied it and put new oil and oil filter in it and then that was pretty much it till now. So once again I have my buddy over and have the carbs apart and replacing some stuff. So I kinda wanna do this as a learning experience and put some pics and vids up as I go so that if anyone can offer advice and expertise, then they can. So feel free to give your 2c if ya want and thanks for any input! Here's the vid for today (forgive the syn on the audio, dunno why it did that).
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZYvomijM2Q"]Linky![/ame]

hello and welcome to KR
    It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

Thanks Skelley! Been creepin for couple years on and off actually.

Comment

I don't know what all you did, but...

Did you pull out the jets and clean them removed from the body? If not, you possibly will still have idle issues as the idle jets won't be clean.

Did you take apart the float assembly, and make sure the needles for the floats were in good condition, and the seats were clean inside? If not, you may have not resolved the issue with the fuel flowing out of the carbs you mentioned.

Did you soak the carb bodies to make sure the long thin brass "choke" floats that the float assembly goes over is clean? If not, then it's possible the choke will not work as intended, and it will be very difficult to start when cold.

Just a few things...
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X