X

Changing gears.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing gears.....

Second gear has gone out on my bike..... I was just wondering how much of a pain in the ass its gonna be to change the gears. Is it possible to do this with the motor still on the bike? Also, what are the best gears to put in, or should i just stick with oem? How much will this whole deal end up costing me? Thanks alot for all your help.

Re: Changing gears.....

Originally posted by laksta_003
    Second gear has gone out on my bike..... I was just wondering how much of a pain in the ass its gonna be to change the gears. Is it possible to do this with the motor still on the bike? Also, what are the best gears to put in, or should i just stick with oem? How much will this whole deal end up costing me? Thanks alot for all your help.
    The cases have to be split, that means taking the engine out of the bike. I would be very happy to do it for you if you don't mind making a trip to my place. A stealership will charge you 4 hours to split the cases, 2 hours to change the gears. Usually you have to replace 2 sets of gears. GixerKat can vouch for my work, I did his 95 GSXR's 5th and 2nd gears. I also let you help without charging you out the arse that way you will learn how to do it. We can neggotiate the price!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Re: Changing gears.....

Originally posted by iwannadie
      why is there no bike mechanics that live Near me that i can learn from while working on my bike ; p
      Because you let ThazKat move out of Phoenix at the end of April... You could always go hang around outside the MMI campus and hope you meet someone...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for all the help... but i think ill just do it myself... i just wasnt sure if i had to pull the motor and split the cases or not. thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Working...
        X