X

Shacky?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shacky?

Alright well I've noticed once you hit around 50+ and you take one hand off the handle bars, the front will kinda vibrate or shake a good bit instead of staying still. A guy told me it was my front tire going bad or that i would need a need one sometime? I mean, It's pretty warn but still has a far amount of tread on them.. but i was just wondering if thats what would cause the handle bars to kinda shake back and forth pretty good?

Thanks guys, Cody.

feel the tread to see if its smooth and not choppy. if it isnt smooth it will be your tire and uneven fork lengths will have a say in that problem. i just went thru this on mine. could also be an unbalanced tire/ bent rim as well.
    mike

94 Kat 750

Comment

i think my shake is due to a bent wheel. wheel bearings and fork seals didn't help. does it past 40mph.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Is it ok riding on a bent wheel if thats what it would be? Also, I think one of my seals on a fork is bad, how long can i ride it with it leaking or can you add grease/oil to it?

Thanks guys, Cody.

Comment

If your getting a headshake on a Kat at any speed, no... it's not a "safe" situation.

I would resolve the issue asap. It could be a variety of issues, from bad tire, tire balance, wheel bearings, bent rims, forks, stearing head bearings, etc....

I would check the tire first. Is it cupped, or smooth and round?

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I agree with krey that isnt safe it probly the tire like the other guy said but doesnt mean it is look at the tire real good make sure it isnt coming apart ,

wheel shake at that speed is very bad

Comment

Is it cupped, or smooth and round?
              How do i tell the difference lol.. Bad question but kinda confused. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 05kata View Post
                How do i tell the difference lol.. Bad question but kinda confused. Thanks!

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X