X

Electrical problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical problem

So last week I noticed that my rear light was out, but that the brake light worked, and the third eye was out. Replaced the fuse, and it was all good. A few days later, after the alarm was instaled, noticed the neutral light on the dash was out. Well, at the same time, I think the brake light was staying on all the time. I noticed tonight that the brake light was staying on all the time. Well, I now have the bike in the garage here, and now the brake light doesn't even come on. Not sure when it went out. Neither the parking light or the brake light is working, neutral light is still out, but the third eye is on. Hmmm.....

WTF???

I am gona check into the wiring for the alarm, I though I had hooked it up to the lic. plate light wires (which I am not using), but maybe I am mistaken, and hooked it up to the brake light stuff. I dunno. But why would the neutral light go out as well?????

So post up if you have any ideas. I am gona dig into this in the morning.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Hard to tell whats up with out a schematic Lou..
    But you could have any number of crazy shorts!

Disconnect the alarm and get it al to work,
    then hook in the alarm one wire at a time..

Comment

i had..well somewhat the same problem, none of my lights would work, so i took apart the wiring connectors for my headlights up front and found a burnt connection, bypassed that connector and everything worked fine, dunno if this will be your problem or no, but figured any idea can help

Comment

check all your grounds since you had the bike apart, they can cause some weird stuff.

Comment

Problem is fixed. I had the power and the ground hooked up to the same circuit I guess you could say, and it was overloading the fuse. All good now!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X