X

clutch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch

ok 2day i started to take a mandatory motorcycle class in brevard county today and they had us go over the "friction zone" if your familiar with the term. so when i got home i was playing with my bike and i then realized that my clutch is very tight and hard to pull is this it just needing to b lubed and/or adjusted. cause ive never riding a bike that the clutch was that hard to pull and everything i generally dont use it very much just into first and slightly use for going into second after that i dont clutch it.

Clean and lube the clutch cable. Make sure the clutch lever is not biding. Make sure the cable inside is not frayed.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

there was alot of things done to this bike before i bought it? and im curious like with my car i have a stage 3 clutch and its alot harder to push it than stock. is there anything like this with motorcycle wet clutches cause my bike doesnt really "float" with the clutch it seems like im either going or not going it dont seem to really have a middle ground to get going. hell maybe my clutch is having issues too?

Comment

Heavy duty springs feel just as you described.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

ok cool just for now ill assume that it does have heavy duty springs to eliminate that outta the equasion. and about the only play i have is well in neutral i can push the bike with little [normal] force but with the clutch in and in first gear its hard as hell to move by my feet pushing it

Comment

Sounds like an old cable to me. Honestly, cables are not expensive, and can really ruin your day when they fail, so it might be worth just replacing it to be sure.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

ok im loooking into that right now. my engine is a 92 600 and my frame a 91 750. which year and make do i use? like are the 2 interchangeable between a 600 and a 750 for the clutch cable?

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
                ok im loooking into that right now. my engine is a 92 600 and my frame a 91 750. which year and make do i use? like are the 2 interchangeable between a 600 and a 750 for the clutch cable?
                The 750 cable is probably a touch longer as the bars are a little higher on a 750, but otherwise they should be the same. The 750 cable should work perfectly for you.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

thank yall for all yalls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Definitely needs adjustment there.
                    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                    X