X

Who wants a cam tensioner spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants a cam tensioner spring

I ordered a cam tensioner spring for a '95 600, and they were backordered. Finally they got some in and I got my order and SURPRISE! they sent two. I think it fits 750's also. It's just a little spring so if anyone wants it I'll just slap a stamp on the package and send it off. I already put my new one in, and after comparing the new and old side by side the old was a half inch shorter from age and fatigue I guess. It's smoooooth now, aw yeah.
    '01 TL1000R

Re: Who wants a cam tensioner spring

Actually, what I would really like is a very large (high-res) picture of the new one laid side-by-side with the old/worn one, if possible. I'd like to add it to the book, which I'll be getting back to as the weather turns colder again. My email can take anything up to 100Mb...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

nobody needs one? it made a big difference on my '95 with 23k miles, and i've got no use for an extra. Just tryin to help a brotha out.
      '01 TL1000R

Comment

FREE? i'll take it since i've never changed mine yet since i got it. PM sent.
        PAUL
        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Mr. Hagy, was it easy to install?

Comment

Got your pm seqx34, and I'll send it off soon as I can. It's really no big deal, they are only a couple bucks and I have no use for the extra since they sent me two.

kickitjp, it's super easy to install. It's just that bolt lookin thing in the middle under the carbs. I originally pulled the whole tensioner assembly off to clean it all out, but I don't really think that necessary unless things are really gunked up. The spring is compressed behind that large bolt, so when you unscrew the thing it may pop out. From there you could just pop a new one in. I think the torque numbers were something like between 21-30 ft. pounds, but you may want to check me on that. Also check that metal ring gasket, I got a new one but you may be able to reuse it. good luck!
            '01 TL1000R

Comment

got the springs today! thanks a lot Dennis I owe you one!
              PAUL
              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Working...
              X