X

Rear Suspention adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Suspention adjustment

I dont consider myself to be many, moe or jack but, the other day i was attempting to adjust the rear suspention with the tool that was provided by suzuki. I consider myself a faily strong man but I could not budge that thing with the supplied tool. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to purchase a different tool or maybe its a trick to turning it and I dont know.

I've had the exact same problem... it was actually starting to tear away at the metal ring where the C-spanner hooks in.

I just gave up eventually...
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

You put on the "breaker bar" that's in the kit , right ? I tried without it ...not possible . Then I "found" this thing in there and after some though .... MUCH easier .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I adjusted mine with the rear wheel off the ground and a pair of huuuge channel locks. I just had to be careful what I put pressure on though. Also spraying some lube on the tabs so I could move through the big notches helped.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

I just grabbed a bigarse pipe wrench and abused the shock for a bit.
          Worked like a charm
          -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Originally posted by jay
            Originally posted by Lagmo
            I just grabbed a bigarse pipe wrench and abused the shock for a bit.
            Worked like a charm
            same here...i jacked up the bike a bit to take the load off the shock and it broke loose without much effort
            I, similarly lifted the rear end. I used a cold chisel just to nudge the lock ring loose. Then I tightened the botton ring 2 full turns with relative ease.

BTW, I'm gonna release it one full turn.

My prostate can't take that kind of pounding.
            "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

what i did was had a friend hold the bike, and i tied a rope to the tool provided and that allowed me to get enough tork to move it.

Comment

Put some arse in it LMAO

it is difficult especially if you still have weight on the shock. Put it on the centerstand and use a 19mm wrench on the end of the shock tool/spanner wrench. Adjust one notch at a time until you find that right adjustment.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                X