X

Adhesive Remover... need something STRONG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive Remover... need something STRONG

I've been pulling off decals and the emblem lately and got all of them off clean with a weak adhesive remover except the tail sticker that says "750". While i got the sticker off, it left behind heinously hard to get off residue that my can of weak adhesive remover cant handle.

The one i have is not citrus based, is citrus stronger? Is there any other trick to try?

Thanks!

Did you try Oops? Another thing you could try is Goof Off, but that is nasty stuff. I used it to clean up dried paint off of my stainless steel sink. It did a great job but I had to open the windows and turn on the fans. I would be careful with it on your plastics. I bought the Oops at Walmart and the Goof Off at Home Depot, but I think that both stores sell both products.

Comment

Mine is a 93 and I've everything said on Katriders, plus some stuff my dads work uses on their cars at the Mercedes dealership to get off sticker residue.

I guess 12 years old and it wants to stay forever.

Comment

wd-40 and a lot of elbow grease

tim

Comment

try Goo Gone, on lighter fluid bur wash of with HOT water

Comment

A grinder ...that'll take the goo off!!
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Try a blow torch and a 4" grinder.

Comment

This kind of thing comes up a lot around here. There are a lot of chemicals on the market that will remove glue residue and what you are using now will probably do the job. Biggest tip I know of for getting the glue off is to do it hot. Park your bike in direct sunlight for a few hours before you begin or take a blow dryer and heat it up (a heat gun is better but will warp the plastic if you are not careful). If the residue has been sitting exposed for a while because you pulled the decal but couldn't get the glue off, moisten it first with water or wd40 and saran wrap, then heat it.

If your talented you can use laquer thinner to get it gooey again but you have to work fast, not rub too hard and wash it good IMMEDIATELY afterward and get some wax back on it. I don't recommend this for most people becasue it is very easy to eat right through the paint but if you have experience working with it, it is the fastest way.... next to sandpaper
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

i'm gonna give this a try today or tomorrow since i scuffed up my raised Katana emblem on the right.

i'll try that Goo Gone stuff first and some simple green. hopefully that does the trick.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                  X