X
X

Oil Filters, a look inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thnx to this thread i went to napa and bought myself the gold filter. had to wait for quite some while to get it thou since they didnt have it in stock, but happy to know i got a good filter .
    Vlad The Russian

Comment

Good information I will order one of those filter adapters
      93 Kat Sucati Made in Japoly

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyNoShow View Post
        Good information I will order one of those filter adapters
        Did you get it ordered and installed? How'd it work out?

Comment

lol thats why everyone hates fram huh

Comment

So, has anyone installed the adapter to use the PurOne filter? Wonder how difficult to remove original filter nipple with exhaust in close proximity and not much room to manouver within those confines. Anyone? Anyone?...Bueller?....Bueller?...........Bueller?. .............
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
              who makes those?

Click ---> Scotts Oil Filter

Comment

Alright this is specificaly for scandinavian users here. we have a store called Biltema. its all over the place in norway ,sweden , denmark and finland. they are cheap . probably the cheapest oil filters you can get.

the pics speak for themselves. I personally think I will keep using them..

plastic covering the open end:

tin itself felt stirdy . not like the fram ones that can bend easily. its not flexible.

the dust is from the dremel , nevermind it

wanted to see how much force needed to fip the filter material apart. it was fairly strong. . some kind of fiber is in there it felt like some kind of cardboard / paper / fiber mesh.

oring was just like any other average oring. kind of thik but nothing special.

all in all its the cheapest filter over here 64,90 NOK. to me the conclusion is that its an average or slightly above average filter. I will buy it again

Oh forgot to say . the resin that keeps the filter material together felt hard and strong . not a glue its a resin

tried to rip the filter material off of the chassis wth a knife and testing the resin. the resin sticks , the filter material will rip apart before the resin goes anywhere

Last edited by mammut89; 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Looks comparable to suzuki/hiflow/napa
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yes the only difference is maybe the ammount of filter material on the suzuki that seem a bit better
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Crotch Rocketeer View Post
                      I keep reading how the Purolator PureONE PL14610 is an awesome filter (it gets great marks on both oil filter surveys linked so far) and is currently available on Amazon for $5. However, I hit a link that lead me to this information on Purolator's website:

"If you're thinking you want to install a PureONE oil filter on your bike, please think again. PureONE oil filters are designed for vehicles, not bikes. Because of PureONE's high efficiency, the motorcycle oil pump may not be able to handle the pressure. The Purolator motorcycle filter line is designed to meet the specific needs of a bike; therefore we highly recommend the use of a Purolator ML filter over a PureONE oil filter." http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/...lefilters.aspx

Any thoughts on that adapter which allows you to use non-Suzuki filters?

http://balestech.com/filter.htm.
                      Did you ever get more info on this?
                      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by SirPaulGerman View Post
                        what is the opinion on the
                        Purolator Oil Filters ???

ok i saw the cutup but no comments at all about the Purolator ML16818 Oil filter , as this is the only filter i use , i too was wondering what the consensus was on the cutup of it
                        sigpic

Comment

is the fram crap ok for first oil change
                          1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

Originally posted by camarotool View Post
                            is the fram crap ok for first oil change
                            I wouldn't , if the glue fails ur in deeper then a couple bucks for a dif brand , have heard nothing good for Fram and hot bikes. Unless maybe ur running it now durning cold season idk
                            sigpic

Comment

Um, did you even READ the first post?
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Anyone try out the oil filter adapter? Looks like a much better selection of filters are available with the adapter

Comment

Working...
                                X