X

clunking sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clunking sound

when the bike is sitting still I can rev the engine and it sounds fine but upon accelerating I hear a clunking or knocking sound coming from the bike. I am guessing it is something with the tranny. Any ideas. thanks for the help guys.

Get bike moving slowly (say about 15 mph). Place bike in 3rd gear and release clutch. Now rotate the throttle and accelerate. Does it make this sound as you accelerate? If so, is it repetative, or an one-time thing? Or did it only make the sound as you were shifting?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

it is a repetitive thing. After the bike is in gear and I begin to accelerate/move it makes a repetitive knocking/clunking sound.

Comment

Originally posted by ronez82
        it is a repetitive thing. After the bike is in gear and I begin to accelerate/move it makes a repetitive knocking/clunking sound.
        Check your chain and sprockets. My first guess would be that one or more of the links of the chain are compromised (not rotating freely) and are thus jumping a tooth on the sprockets (damaging them in the process as well).

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X