X

extra electrical connectors..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra electrical connectors..

Anyone know where should the electical connectors I found on my bike go. I found them 1 on each side close to the back of the tank, link to the pictures below...

some of those plug are for testing on suzukis like factory type stuff i think it was the rf900s that had like 17 extra plugs that when to nothing but test stuff

Comment

Some are for factory testing, some are for the Cali emissions BS, and there are a few up around the windshield that were used on later models for the hazard lights and visual horn.

Comment

The one on the left goes to the California model fan. The 6-plug connector (with only 4 pins in it) at the front right of the engine goes to the California thermal connector that decides when the fans run. Plus plugs for running lights (for countries in which all the blinkers have to do dual-function as running lights) and for those in which 4-way flashers were mandatory.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks, at least I know now that my Bike is not a california model even though I bought it here in california weird

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaDeckpi
            Thanks, at least I know now that my Bike is not a california model even though I bought it here in california weird
            Easy way to tell:
            If it's the California model, then there are ports about 1" under each header port which either have a tube coming off of them (OEM config) or have blocking plates over them (means someone coverted it back to 49-state spec). The standard 49-state version doesn't have the ports there. From what I understand, you can get non-California spec bikes in California as long as they have at least 15k on the odometer or some such.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X