X

mechanic jet install with tune??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechanic jet install with tune??

My question is, if i have a mechanic do it, would they test it to see if it'll have the low end problem alot seem to have with the stock uncut springs or would they just tune it to idle fine and not ride it? If they don't ride it after a tune then i might as well do the install myself since i wouldn't wanna take it back to them if it had prpoblems

Um , right (?) . If the shop has a dyno/EGA , ask if they'll check it (SHOULD go without saying , actually) . SOME shops might test ride it . I've heard of some that will . It's easy enough to instally yourself though , then go see a shop with a dyno/EGA .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah on the dynojet site pdf for the 600 it looked pretty straigh forward as far as the install goes then it said to turn in the fuel screw all the way then back out three turns. What's this i've been told about drilling out the screw though? They talkin bout the caps over the bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by redkat06
        yeah on the dynojet site pdf for the 600 it looked pretty straigh forward as far as the install goes then it said to turn in the fuel screw all the way then back out three turns. What's this i've been told about drilling out the screw though? They talkin bout the caps over the bolts?
        Yes, they are talking about taking the sealed caps off the pilot screws (underside of the carbs). These are sealed by law for EPA compliance reasons, but you are free to remove them -- normally, you drill a small hole and then drive a self-tapping sheet metal screw into it to pry it out (most jet kits even come with the screw). Be careful not to drill too far into the hole, or you'll be drilling into the pilot screws themselves (use tape on the drill bit to mark the depth you want to reach).
        As for the turns, turn it down until you feel it just start to seat -- don't force it all the way down -- then start counting turns coming back out.

IMHO:
        Install it yourself. It's far cheaper to have someone run a dyno on a bike than to have them do the install as well... I prefer Ivan's over DynoJet's (and over K&N's, which are relabeled DynoJet kits); far more power and crisper response across the board for the 98+ Kat 600's and 750's -- I've installed it in both. I haven't tried FactoryPro kits yet.

KNOW THIS:
        with the Ivan's set at his settings, the carbs were spot-on when I got to the dyno and no post-tuning was necessary.
        if installing the dynojet kit (or the K&N), keep the stock springs and skip using their included springs.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

so where do i get the Ivan's?

Comment

so where do i get the Ivan's?
            Since I don't know what you ride (which year/model):

Note that he does not make any for the pre-98 Carbs at this time.

Tell him I sent you, and maybe they'll toss in a free tshirt!

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

why would i get a shirt?

Comment

why would i get a shirt?
                Why not? Even if you don't care to wear it, I'm sure there is someone (perhaps a homeless person or someone less fortunate than you) who would like one...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

shirt of what?

Comment

Working...
                  X