X

where to get the jets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get the jets?

Ivans or Dynojet , where do i get em. I have seen the Dynos on ebay but not the ivans. And what sorta prices am i lookin at

what size jets do you want, i have some here in my desk drawr ...just pay shipping

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
      what size jets do you want, i have some here in my desk drawr ...just pay shipping
      I think you should send those to me. For what you put me through LOL
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I need some 138's... got any?

Comment

I'm not sure what type of jets Ivan uses, but I'd GUESS he uses genuine Mikunis.

Call Factory Pro. They'll hook you up with whatever jets you need.
          -Steve

Comment

Jets or a whole jet KIT ? You can gets jets at any bike shop and most online vendors . I just bought a set from a local shop today as a matter of fact for about $15 . Only problem is every company that makes jets sizes them differently . So once you pick some jets to experiment with , grab the same kind next time so you KNOW the size won't be way different (ex. the large round 120's will be like the little round 130's thought they're marked the same size[Mikuni vs/ DJ I believe] ) .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well i'm not gonna be jumpin around to different sizes since i won't be doin much IF ANYTHING else other than the full exhaust i'm gettin from Jackal this weekend and the K&N air filter. i'm gonna go with 124 i think

Comment

Hey , it'd be in your best interest to get it jetted right . Not only will it be more fun to ride , but it'll be kinder to the engine . I'd do what I coud to get it right . I'm still working on it myself . Use this link

to try to get it close , then find a dyno/EGA place to make sure . Once you get in there and mess with it , it's really not hard or too time consuming just making a change .

Comment

yea but i have no clue how to tune a carbed motor, and wouldn't trust myself to install, reinstall jets. Is 124 too big ya think then to have the place put in?

Comment

i just wanna make sure i get set up right with the right stuff before i take it into the shop

Comment

Changing jets ain't too hard . Takes me about 30-40 minutes . Got a manual ? Start there , and there are some shortcuts that save you some time . Seriously , it's very easy .

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                        Originally posted by duff daddy
                        I think you should send those to me. For what you put me through LOL

ok so i want my clutch back then......HUMM 4 dollar jets or 100+ dollar clutch....

and if i were you, go on dynojet website and seewhat they say to use for the stage 1 kit, if its just jets then go for it but i think you need different needles ....and if you remember my carburator issues thats where i got mine all screwed up and had to buy a whole new jet kit

Comment

If you are looking for just a few jets, I have probably about 20 SETS of them at least for the Kat carbs.

If you are looking for a jet kit.......lots of guys on here have tried Ivan's.....but hI think he only makes them for the 98+ Kats. (I don't remember seeing you post what year your bike was.....and I'm not going to bother to go try & find it somewhere.....(L-A-Z-Y!!!)

I just gotta ask this:
                          You are looking for jets, but then you said something about not being able to tune carbs or such.......that you just wanted to get the parts before you went to a shop so you had the right stuff.

This might help:
                          Most jet kits contain SEVERAL sets of jets! Try the Factory Pro ones........and let the shop figure out which are best for your set-up by dyno-tuning it. Also, they SHOULD have some experience with this subject....so........................
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                          X