X

Katana 750 wont wheelie...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 wont wheelie...

Hey all, I just bought a 99 Katana 750 with 6500 miles on it. Love the bike, it rides nice and has plenty of power. The problem is, it wont wheelie unless I clutch it up. Do any other 750 owners have this problem? I know I can gear down in the front to help, but really dont want to.
    If you wanna live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn!!!

Let the flaiming begin
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Katanas don't wheelie .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I know of at least one that will
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

yeah but THAT one has a little bigger engine in it..
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Hi and welcome to KatRiders.

Comment

Ask a question, get a stupid reply, is that good? Nope, didnt think so.
              If you wanna live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn!!!

Comment

Ex10... do yourself a favor and edit out what you said in your post. If not you'll never hear the end of our abuse bud.

The basic facts:

Wheeling a Kat WILL eventually, and fairly quickly, destroy it because it wasnt designed with that in mind (engine will not get sufficient oil, front suspension not made to withstand the force of coming back down, etc).

If you want to keep that Kat running for long... be nice to it and use it for what it was made for...

"Sport Touring"

If you are determined to stunt... get a different bike.
                I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Wheelies are overrated anyhow!! Just chill out and ride!!

Comment

stop

theres no reason to wheelie on the street any ways dont be a squid
                    or u will get turned to sushi ok seriously bud this is coming for a highly experienced rider dont be silly

Comment

Originally posted by Ex10DidKatana600
                      No , I believe that's "ask a stupid question , get a stupid answer" ...
                      Of course , if you woulda just searched for "wheelie" in the first place , you might know how this forum would've reacted to your question AND found your answers at the same time .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Ex10DidKatana600
                        I too looked through the responses you recived and did not see a stupid one there, every one seems to be telling you the same thing I will tell you. The Kat is alot of things, But a stunt bike it is not!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Mechanics?

Comment

what

what u mean mechanics?

Comment

kickitjp: I think he ment to reply to the "Katana 750 wont wheelie..." thread...

vegita365: He's refering to this subforum, "Mechanics 101"
                              find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Working...
                              X