X

Katana 750 wont wheelie...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THAZKAT
    If you really want to wheelie you should have bought a pre98 750 with more grunt and hp than a 98+.

Welcome to KR the home of Katana!!

BEing a Squid is looked at different ways, I look at it as a person riding a sport bike with no gear and stunting. Other's look at it as stunting in general.

Doing a wheelie can be done different ways. Keith knows. The easiest I have found is standing up and taking the bike to about 6,000-7,000rpm, letting off the gas and ripping back on to it. But you have a 98+, you will or might have to clutch it most of the time.
    A 98+ will power up in first with stock gearing. Mine will. BUT let me tell you daniel son. I have replaced my clutch, fork seals and head bearings from wheeling my kat. Not to mention a little road rash to go along with the repairs. If you dont mind replacing stuff have at it....
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Originally posted by KatanaO215
      Originally posted by SweetLou
      They are able to preform in the twisites just as well as any other SS bike
      Great post, except I disagree with this. It should say almost as well as any other SS bike. is stiill 80% rider, but all things equal a kat isnt the same as a SS in the twisties
      True. I say perform just as well because it seems a lot of these SS riders never see the full potential of their bikes. They go fast in a straight line and are happy. Not all... but a lot. If wheeling makes you happy, then go for it. Just do it in a place where you are not going to hurt anyone but yourself. Hell, I like to pop mine up every now and then, but mine is a bit different, and a lot easier to lift the front.
      you show off!!!!!!!! " mines different (huge motor) its easy on mine( huge motor) no problem for me (huge motor)" show off!!!
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ouch

I too can get my '02 vertical, no clutching involved, right to the limiter in 1st. (It's not pretty)
        I've learned to finesse it at about 18 inches high max. through into 2nd for an abrupt but much softer landing.

Then the guy next to me on his GIXXER 600 stands his up in 3rd then fourth at 80+ miles an hour, and hold it up for a 1/4 mile or so.

In other words...
        Why do I bother?
        "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Originally posted by RoadRacer61
          Originally posted by md86
          Katanas don't wheelie .
          Horse hocky!!! Mine's a 600 and will do wheelies all day long.
          That's the problem with this kind of medium .... It's hard to convey tone of voice . That was a kinda sarcastic kinda remark with a tinge of irritation laced into it . We hear this same thing all the time , and NO good ever comes of it . I'm sure if you read all the wheelie threads you'd find after searching for them , you'd be an EXPERT in wheelie knowledge (after you spent weeks reading all that's already been said about it here ) . See ?
          Sorry, didn't mean for that to come across as angry or arguementative or anything like that. (mental note, don't drink and post...) But yeah, My little 6 will wheelie as much as I want it to, BUT.... I don't have a Kat motor in mine, so my oil pickup isn't in the front. Still, it's not good for it to do it repeatedly, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
            Actually all you really need to install is a Solar Guard and it will do 12 o'clocks all day long. The Solar Guard fixes everything thing from the oil pickup problem to the heavy frame. It even adds 25HP at the rear wheel.
            thats why I don't need to use my clutch....best mod for the Katana

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
              Originally posted by THAZKAT
              If you really want to wheelie you should have bought a pre98 750 with more grunt and hp than a 98+.

Welcome to KR the home of Katana!!

BEing a Squid is looked at different ways, I look at it as a person riding a sport bike with no gear and stunting. Other's look at it as stunting in general.

Doing a wheelie can be done different ways. Keith knows. The easiest I have found is standing up and taking the bike to about 6,000-7,000rpm, letting off the gas and ripping back on to it. But you have a 98+, you will or might have to clutch it most of the time.
              A 98+ will power up in first with stock gearing. Mine will. BUT let me tell you daniel son. I have replaced my clutch, fork seals and head bearings from wheeling my kat. Not to mention a little road rash to go along with the repairs. If you dont mind replacing stuff have at it....
              pre98, I have to agree with ya on fork seals but that goes for any bike that you wheelie regularly. doing stopies is the same way.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Sorry can't tell you what a Solar Guard is, you can only get one by invitation. Now run along and play with the other kids.

Comment

Um, ok.... So how do you get an invitation to find out what a Solar Guard is? You've got me curious.

Comment

Ya, I Googled it and couldn't find anything - not that I'm interested in doing wheelies, but I was still curious... seriously!
                    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

It's a custom item that only a few people have. I really shouldn't have mentioned it. Range knows what I'm talking about. Don't worry about getting invited to buy one, when a KR member that has one that thinks you would be interested or would be responsible enough to have one you will get an invite.

Comment

Kind of like a secret society i guess? Is there a secret handshake, followed by a series of winks, and blinks involved?

Comment

What exactly does it do?

Comment

It adds like 25% horsepower increase is all it does .

Actually , it's an old inside joke from the KP days .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I heard that :P
                              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Re: Katana 750 wont wheelie...

Originally posted by Ex10DidKatana600
                                Hey all, I just bought a 99 Katana 750 with 6500 miles on it. Love the bike, it rides nice and has plenty of power. The problem is, it wont wheelie unless I clutch it up. Do any other 750 owners have this problem? I know I can gear down in the front to help, but really dont want to.

dood obviousally your a squid..........rev the engine up to the redline and dump the clutch in 1st.
                                make shure your in the middle of traffic, you know the stop go stop go kind. and show how big of a wheelie you can do. get it up to 12:00 and then hit the afterthrusters and blastoff into the hospital

kats dont do wheelies, humans do....if you cant make a kat wheelie than you dont know your bike. hell my friend can wheelie his ninja 250. so its not the bike its the rider.
                                ------------------------------------------------------
                                Lean in Lean out.
                                ------------------------------------------------------
                                1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                                2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                                2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                                2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X