• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahahhaha

:P damn i always mess that up

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Originally posted by Ex10DidKatana600
      Ask a question, get a stupid reply, is that good? Nope, didnt think so.
      No , I believe that's "ask a stupid question , get a stupid answer" ...
      Of course , if you woulda just searched for "wheelie" in the first place , you might know how this forum would've reacted to your question AND found your answers at the same time .
      If you didn't say it i was.

Comment

Ok, lets go over the basics.....

First thing. The oil pick-up. On a Katana, the Oil line pickup's are at the front of the engine, near the oil filter. Buy doing wheelies and what not, you have the great possibility of starving your engine of crucial lubrication and heat displacment as the engine will not be able to get the oil where it is needed. On something like a oil-cooled gixxer engine, the oil pickup is in the back of the engine. It is designed to pick up the oil when on 1 wheel.

Second thing, size wand weight. SS bikes utilize a aluminum frame. Katana's do not. They are extremely heavy and underpowered compared to 22 Bikes. They make a great sport touring bike though due to this. They are able to preform in the twisites just as well as any other SS bike, and give you the rideability one would desire for all day rides.

Third. Suspension on the Kat is not designed for it. The front forks are not ment to take the abuse of going up and going down really hard from wheelies. You will be rebulding your forks every month or two if that were the case.

A katana is made to be a Sport Touring bike. Comfy for long trips, hold up just as well when the road gets technical. Hey, wheelies can be fun, but lots of people here will flame you for asking what is considered a "Noob" question.

If you really want to turn your kat into a wheelie machine. I would suggest doing some major work with the sprockets. Like maybe a 65 or 70 in the rear, and like a 13 or 14 in the front. You wil eat a load of chains though. Also, look into switching out your front with a gixxer fronts. Forks and what not.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

cheaper just to sell the kat and buy a cheap gixxer, b/c eventually all the guys you see doing wheelies end up loosing control and the bike goes flying one way and they go the other way....

you want to pull wheelies, buy a PS2 game and have at it.. you want an enjoyable bike to ride, then buy a Kat.

just my .002

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
            Ok, lets go over the basics.....

First thing. The oil pick-up. On a Katana, the Oil line pickup's are at the front of the engine, near the oil filter. Buy doing wheelies and what not, you have the great possibility of starving your engine of crucial lubrication and heat displacment as the engine will not be able to get the oil where it is needed. On something like a oil-cooled gixxer engine, the oil pickup is in the back of the engine. It is designed to pick up the oil when on 1 wheel.

Second thing, size wand weight. SS bikes utilize a aluminum frame. Katana's do not. They are extremely heavy and underpowered compared to 22 Bikes. They make a great sport touring bike though due to this. They are able to preform in the twisites just as well as any other SS bike, and give you the rideability one would desire for all day rides.

Third. Suspension on the Kat is not designed for it. The front forks are not ment to take the abuse of going up and going down really hard from wheelies. You will be rebulding your forks every month or two if that were the case.

A katana is made to be a Sport Touring bike. Comfy for long trips, hold up just as well when the road gets technical. Hey, wheelies can be fun, but lots of people here will flame you for asking what is considered a "Noob" question.

If you really want to turn your kat into a wheelie machine. I would suggest doing some major work with the sprockets. Like maybe a 65 or 70 in the rear, and like a 13 or 14 in the front. You wil eat a load of chains though. Also, look into switching out your front with a gixxer fronts. Forks and what not.
            Lou, you might want to delete that post. You are gonna make people think that you are almost intelegent.
            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Will a Katana Wheelie with out the Clutch? Yes it will I have done it many times on my bike. It is a 89 Kat 750 though so the engine is a weeee bit different. The sat thing is that you will eventually tear the steeringhead bearings, the fork seals, the springs, the engine, etc... I do not do it all the time but every once in a while.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Actually all you really need to install is a Solar Guard and it will do 12 o'clocks all day long. The Solar Guard fixes everything thing from the oil pickup problem to the heavy frame. It even adds 25HP at the rear wheel.

Comment

Stupid post,does not deserve a reply
                  Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

They are able to preform in the twisites just as well as any other SS bike
                    Great post, except I disagree with this. It should say almost as well as any other SS bike. is stiill 80% rider, but all things equal a kat isnt the same as a SS in the twisties
                    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ex10DidKatana600
                      Ask a question, get a stupid reply, is that good? Nope, didnt think so.

Well, first ......welcome to KatRiders.

You asked a question that alwasy seems to stir a debate, and its been asked on here HUNDREDS of times..................so you sorta opened yourself up a bit here for a little hacking and/or chiding.............

Its sorta like you walk into a neighborhood bar in a city that you DON'T live in, and then you say something about how ugly all the local girls are. Kinda gonna get some looks and comments, don't ya' think?!

ANYWAYS.....................

Here's a straight answer:

* They CAN and DO wheelie. I've done it on dozens of Kats.......

* I can wheelie just about any bike, and have done so - even on a Harley. (My buddy didn't like it when I did it on his, but he lost the bet, so he was doubly pissed!) You can wheelie just about anything.....its technique, combined with experience, but HP sure helps and weight sure hurts!

* The Kats are pretty heavy for their size, so they aren't your typical wheelie bike choice.

* Lots of folks on here feel that wheelies are for squids. I tend to think they are right, but I do a little one now and them just to remember how. Also, its a pesonal joy for me. I don't ride them high or long, but sometimes its fun to to get a wheel up a bit. (PS: I've been riding for 33 years....I'm 49......)

OK - you still wanna wheelie your Kat 750?

Go up 2 with the rear sprocket OR down one in front. Easy changes, just a couple of hours MAX even for the inexperienced. (Get a manual) If you do the front one, be darn sure you get that big nut back on tight and use Loc-Tite!!! It think its a 32mm nut....

Good luck on KR, use the SEARCH feature, and try not to piss on amyones boots until you're around for a while.................and I hope you stay around!
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Katanas don't wheelie .
                        Horse hocky!!! Mine's a 600 and will do wheelies all day long.

Comment

If you really want to wheelie you should have bought a pre98 750 with more grunt and hp than a 98+.

Welcome to KR the home of Katana!!

BEing a Squid is looked at different ways, I look at it as a person riding a sport bike with no gear and stunting. Other's look at it as stunting in general.

Doing a wheelie can be done different ways. Keith knows. The easiest I have found is standing up and taking the bike to about 6,000-7,000rpm, letting off the gas and ripping back on to it. But you have a 98+, you will or might have to clutch it most of the time.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                            They are able to preform in the twisites just as well as any other SS bike
                            Great post, except I disagree with this. It should say almost as well as any other SS bike. is stiill 80% rider, but all things equal a kat isnt the same as a SS in the twisties
                            True. I say perform just as well because it seems a lot of these SS riders never see the full potential of their bikes. They go fast in a straight line and are happy. Not all... but a lot. If wheeling makes you happy, then go for it. Just do it in a place where you are not going to hurt anyone but yourself. Hell, I like to pop mine up every now and then, but mine is a bit different, and a lot easier to lift the front.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61
                              Katanas don't wheelie .
                              Horse hocky!!! Mine's a 600 and will do wheelies all day long.
                              That's the problem with this kind of medium .... It's hard to convey tone of voice . That was a kinda sarcastic kinda remark with a tinge of irritation laced into it . We hear this same thing all the time , and NO good ever comes of it . I'm sure if you read all the wheelie threads you'd find after searching for them , you'd be an EXPERT in wheelie knowledge (after you spent weeks reading all that's already been said about it here ) . See ?
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have been practicing all summer, u can get it up in first gear no problem but without a lot of practice u'll just hit the rev limiter and come back down. if u want to wheelie a bike, sell the kat. ya it can wheelie, it can do rolling stoppies, its fun, but not cheap. i have an 03 katana with 23000km and i need new front fork seals, a new rear shock, chain/ sprokets, fairings, clutch, and when im done that i have to tighten all the other things. Once u start doing wheelies u can't stop, so my advice just don't start, or get a cheap bike to fool around with.
                                Save the homeless, take me home with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X