Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katana91
    oh ic the pre98 750's are 36mm per my manual
    shut up, what do you know mister 813 LMAO

yes, pre98 750's have 36 mil carbs. but not the early ones, like 89 and earlier. I think they are 34 but I could be wrong. anywho
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Carbs are very similar . The 98+ just has the TPS , I think . Mr. Clean , were those jet sizes the big ones or the little ones ? I have 125 big ones right now and it runs with no flat spots , but can't get my idle circuit right it seems . Just curious ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        Carbs are very similar . The 98+ just has the TPS , I think . Mr. Clean , were those jet sizes the big ones or the little ones ? I have 125 big ones right now and it runs with no flat spots , but can't get my idle circuit right it seems . Just curious ...
        Even after replacing the emulsion tubes?

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Replaced the tubes when I got back . Was DEFINATELY running lean with the 120's I returned from the rally with , so I got some bigger ones . Then some Bigger ones . Then some MORE bigger ones . No more flat spots anymore , but it doesn't want to idle , and the plugs say "lean" still . Pilot screws are 3.5 now (Dynojet instructions say 2.5 turns out) . Still working on it . Once I'm sure I've got it close again , I'll make another appointment with the dyno guy .

Comment

Q: How high do you have your idle set?

Just curious...
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well , I can set to say 1500 , and it'll idle for a few seconds , then die . If I blip it , it'll hestitate (feels like a bog) before going up , and doesn't come back down too slow . I can set it high , and it might idle , but anywhere near where it's supposed to be , and it won't . When I bought it , it had #35 pilot jets in it , which I replaced with the stock 32.5's when I found them . I dunno , the plugs seem to say lean , so I keep turning out the pilot screws , but it doesn't seem to be doing much . Guess I'll just keep messing with it till I figure it out . FEELS like the main jets are about right , as well as the needles , though . No more stumble through the rev range since I put in larger jets .

Comment

WELL GUYS I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

The plugs say lean but right at 11,500 falls flat and the idle is for crap no good idle from 800 to 2,500 why ? I set the tps where the manuel says needels need to be at !!!! and it does not matter what the air/mix screws r set at 1 1/2 to 5 1/2 the idle still sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Falls flat at 11,500? Thats Your rev limiter. Shift at 11,400.

As for the idle, I would guess Your carbs may be out of sync if You can't fine tune the idle. Or maybe you are not turning the idle speed screw and instead adjusting Your throttle cables?
                  2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by lee1rbc
                    Falls flat at 11,500? Thats Your rev limiter. Shift at 11,400.

As for the idle, I would guess Your carbs may be out of sync if You can't fine tune the idle. Or maybe you are not turning the idle speed screw and instead adjusting Your throttle cables?
                    Hahahahaha!! Falls flat on it's face right at 11,500 -- That's wierd man-- mine does that too--
                    At last I am a squid--

Comment

Maybe the previous owner changed the guage faces and now there is no "Danger - Danger" red line.

Can I ask what you expect the bike to rev up to?
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

yeah, if it falls flat at 11.5K that bacause your hitting the rev limiter, dee da dee

Comment

Working...
                        X