X

Bike won't even start now!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike won't even start now!!!

Hello all, I am still having probs with my 94 Kat, but now the thing won't even start...The starter is fine but it just keeps turning and the engine won't turn over...If any one knows any quick fixes just to get it started I would app. it...I am selling it and have put that it needs minor work but I would at least like to have it running for the people who stop to see it...Thanks again, Andrew
    94 Katana 600
    92 TSi Talon

A common issue with Kats is the choke cable wearing out. Make sure your choke rail is sliding both open and closed. If that is the problem, giving it a lot of gas might help it to start. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more information soon.

Comment

and if the cables are ok, take the seat off and give it a shot of starter fluid, it should fire then...

Comment

Re: Bike won't even start now!!!

Originally posted by Talon1789
        .The starter is fine but it just keeps turning and the engine won't turn over...
        The engine won't turn over, or won't catch? These are two different things, and I want to make sure I understand the symptoms correctly.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It seems to not catch i guess...It will sound like it is going to start and then just keep huffing...
          94 Katana 600
          92 TSi Talon

Comment

I'd check the plugs first .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X