• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD ignition coils

any one use them on there bike, whats the comparison one them vs acell

any thoughts?
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Never used either, but I remember a post buy someone that they were given the wrong type by the dealer (which was incorrectly listed in the cross-reference chart by the manufacturer) and it basically devoured his CDI. The dealer was unwilling to do anything about it because they gave him what the vendor specified, and the vendor told him basically to stick it...

Maybe someone else around here can pull that message up again.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i think the pre 98 750 need 2-4oem resistan and the accells i found are like 3.8 i think and the msd are 2.8 i dont know how much a difference it would make.

I know Keith has put accel in a couple of bikes and hasnt had a problem that i know of but im just looking to get the msd b/c i found some for a good price
      The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

how do you find out how many ohms you need? I want to get them pn my ninja but I dont know witch ones to get.
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

i found out in my manual(claymar)
          The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

i tried the accels on anouther bike of mine and they kicked as$. big improvment

Comment

I havent seen any msd coils for bikes but I have been wanting to upgrade the ignition and was wondering if it was worth the money. Where do you find the msd's at ? All that I can find are dyna and accel.......
              2004 Katana 600
              D&D carbon fiber slip-on
              Factory ignition advancer
              K&N Filter
              Dynojet jet kit

Comment

i would truly go with the accels the msds can cause a problem from the experiences i have had

Comment

thats kinda what i have been thinking, others have told me that they have had alot of problems with msd.

you can find them on there web site they are the msd blaster coils
                  The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Working...
                  X