Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going back to school, Kat will be stored, any suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to school, Kat will be stored, any suggestions?

Well, it's almost time to start heading back to school. I will begin the 18 hour car drive to Ohio on Thursday (Aug. 18th), at which time my Kat will be garaged at my neighbors house (insufficient space at my house). Now, I have the owner's manual with instructions on storage procedures, but I want opinions from all of you as to what is necessary. I will be at school until May, but will be coming home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break, so the bike won't sit more than 3 months at a time. I'm planning on riding the hell out of it when I'm home for breaks. Are all the tips in the owner's manual necessary, or can I get by with just adding some Sta-bil to the gas? Thanks guys.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Is it going to be stored indoors? Last season I stored my bike in a friend's basement. All I did was add fuel stabilizer and filled up the tank. I also hooked up a battery charger to keep the battery charged. When it was time to pull out the bike it pretty much started without any issues. I really wanted to change the oil before I stored it, but I was trying to get the bike indoors before the snow came.

Comment

where in OH do you go to school? I commute to Kent State University right now.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

tzortn: The bike will be kept indoors in a garage. I do not have a battery tender, and I know its not good to let sit on a concrete floor as it will drain the battery. Would it be advisable to disconnect the battery connections and leave it in the bike, or should I take the battery out and put it on a shelf?

skasner: I go to school at the University of Dayton. I'm afraid I do not know where Kent State is in relation to Dayton. I'll be a sophomore, so I haven't spent much time in Ohio (outside of campus). Is it close?

Comment

You can use this checklist and pick and choose which parts you want to pursue:

CyberPoet's "How to store or winterize your bike for extended periods" at MotorcycleAnchor.com, fine motorcycle security anchor made in the USA!

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks CP...very helpful.

Comment

Working...
            X