X

Need a quick response plz!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a quick response plz!

I'm looking for the torque spec on the bolts for the right side engine cover on a 98+ 600 (the small cover, not the big one with the oil window)).....And when I toss this gasket in for the new cover, do I have to add RTV to anything, or do I just use the gasket by itself?

Thanks!
    FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

It does say to use a gasket sealer , and some thread locker on the bolts.

Still looking for the torque value though
    Kyle

Comment

No gasket sealant. Use just the paper gasket; oil exposure will make it swell some to seal it.

Bolts should be 10 to 12 lb-ft if I recall correctly

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The book says to put a light coat of 'Suzuki Bond 1207B' between the bike and the gasket. I didn't, however, and it's not leaking. It does not list a torque.

/kiba
        find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

I've never used any kind of sealant on mine and it does just fine. Just a plain paper gasket.... Not sure on the torque specs, just made them tight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61
            I've never used any kind of sealant on mine and it does just fine. Just a plain paper gasket....
            ditto.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks guys.....she's on and seems to be sealed, so that's a plus.

On the downside, my buddy lowsided this afternoon while we were riding, and rashed up his brand new ZX10, which oddly enough, is the replacement for the '04 he had to write off (not his fault) about two months ago. It's also freezing cold outside now, and raining!
              FrankenKat 1216
              GS Fiter 816
              GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Man you guys NEED to put more decriptive subject lines...
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
                X