No announcement yet.
X

Clutch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U might want to make sure the clutch actuator is working. The thing the cable is hooked to at the motor. Make sure its pushing out well you pull in the cable.

Comment

I took another look at clutch actuator and yeah it seems to work..Iswear it looks like im missing an inch off the push rod.

Getting a little annoying pulling the pressure plate off and on again and again lol.

I just cant figure out what happen...

Thx for all the suggestion guys if you have anymore let me know plz
      Last edited by bishop403; 01-20-2010, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Yeah I would definatly take off the pressure plate to do a parts count. You said your clutch was also slipping in your first question. So its possible your fiber plates are thrashed. I would do a parts check for both pushrods. There is also 3 parts in the pressure plate a 1washer 2bearing and 3small pushrod. http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fich...1998&fveh=2167 U might want to mess around with the clutch actuator to see if you can adjust it any more
        Last edited by waffenampt; 01-20-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Thought i would give an update..

Islandsteve

You where correct on the rubber cap.
          Now just wished i had read that a little more closely before i took that dam pressure plate off a few dozen times.. lol

Thanks to all for help and advice.
          Last edited by bishop403; 01-23-2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

So is it working now or what?
            Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

Sorry i should have worded it a little better.

Yes the bike is fixed,And here was the problem.
              Islandsteve had wrote "The clutch may need adjusting...or have fallen out of adjustment...easy check is to pull the rubber cap off the sprocket cover near your left foot peg
              and make sure the locknut has not come loose."

Thanks to this forum and its great members.
              Last edited by bishop403; 01-26-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X