No announcement yet.
X

reserve tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you say something ? I was ignoring you !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

/

Originally posted by pmkls1
      well, I dont know about the pre 98 models but the 98+ models have a huge reserve of about 1.3 gallons. I always use my reserve for about 10-20 miles before I hit the gas station and after I leave it on reserve for about 25 miles to keep debris from building up in the tank..................
      Huh?
      "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

since we have a gas guage i leave mine of reserve 100% of the time. the reserve is really meant for those bikes with no guages.

notice that your car doesn't have a reserve switch ?

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
          notice that your car doesn't have a reserve switch ?
          Yeah, but it does have this cute animation of a gas pump undoing it's hose from the pump and heading for a car that starts playing when the fuel gets way too low (like a 10 mile warning).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I was looking into a request that LST had about replacing the OEM gauge with one of the all-weather/open-cockpit VDO ones I carry, and in doing some research stumbled across the sender values for the OEM tank sender (98+):

Full tank: 1 to 5 ohms
            1/2 tank: 32.5 ohms
            Empty: 103 to 117 ohms

So, I would guess it would be possible to modify the signal coming off the sender to calibrate your gauge fairly well if you know where it should be.

One question, though:
            Does anyone with a pre-98 factory manual have the sender values? I'm really curious if they are the same...

Thanks
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X