Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

cam tensioner springs backordered??? I need one!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam tensioner springs backordered??? I need one!!!

Hi all,
    Ok I'm taking care of a whole laundry list of items on my bike, and making awesome progress. About a month ago I ordered a cam tensioner spring and associated gaskets. Spring was backordered so I got the gaskets anyway. Almost two weeks ago I placed and order with ronayers, yay today they let me know the spring was backordered, and an email says they won't get any in till the 19th. From the looks of how fast they process things, it would be another 3 weeks after that till I get it. I've done so much on my bike, including a valve adjustment, and this 2 dollar spring is keeping my bike in pieces! The spring needed is the one for a '95 600. Does anybody know where I can find one?
    '01 TL1000R

Re: cam tensioner springs backordered??? I need one!!!

Order one through your local dealer as well -- first one to get one has one for you.

Other than that, I have no clue where to send you, since I don't know the spec on the spring (windings, strength, etc). If you can get all the tech-specs for the spring, you should be able to contact a spring vendor and get an no-name replacement that will work.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X