X

re: jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: jet kit

Is it a must to install an aftermarket exhaust ie: hindle, an ignition advancer and an aftermarket filter to install a jet kit? Also it my kat gets 200 miles per tank, what should I expect after these mods.

If you go for a full end-to-end exhaust (headers included), you will need to get a jetkit to compensate.

If you replace the stock air filter with a K&N filter, you will need to adjust your existing jetting to compensate, although a jetkit would be wise.

If you just replace the end-can, you will not normally need to get a jetkit, but instead may need to adjust your existing jetting to compensate. In rare cases, you will need to rejet, but only in very rare cases.

The advancer makes no difference to jetting.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Fuel mileage, hmmm, I thought that is one reason we ride bikes. 50 miles to a gallon of gas!

with jetting you will notice a bit of a drop, maybe. It depends on how you ride and if you can stay out of the throttle, you know with all that extra performance you will have with the exhaust, filter and advancer.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

dynojet jet kits come with 4 different jet sizes for different configurations, you can do a re-jet only with a dynojet kit just be sure to install the correct jet sizes in the kit and of course the power gain wont be as much as with installing the exhaust and stuff. the only drawback to rejetting now would be that you would have to re-jet again later if you installed a k&n filter and exhaust down the road.....
        with my exhaust,advancer,k&n filter, and jet kit i lost about 10-20 miles per tank depending on how i drive..............
        2004 Katana 600
        D&D carbon fiber slip-on
        Factory ignition advancer
        K&N Filter
        Dynojet jet kit

Comment

my 97 kat was stock, I replaced the cans with slip ons (cobra f1's) and the idle was never quite right after that. Instead of playing with the jets I went for a complete jetkit and added a K&N filter while I was at it.. if you can afford it, go with a full jet kit you'll be happier in the end; I know I was.

Comment

Re: re: jet kit

Originally posted by myron
            Is it a must to install an aftermarket exhaust ..., an ignition advancer and an aftermarket filter to install a jet kit?
            No, but it would be pointless to do so as you won't get anything other then maybe some fouled plugs if you are running too rich...

/kiba
            find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Originally posted by pmkls1
              dynojet jet kits come with 4 different jet sizes for different configurations, you can do a re-jet only with a dynojet kit just be sure to install the correct jet sizes in the kit...
              Most brands of jetkits come with multiple jet sizes, so the advice holds true for just about all of them.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

"Most brands of jetkits come with multiple jet sizes, so the advice holds true for just about all of them."

I figured so but I have only used dynojet brand thus far so I didnt want to make assumptions........
                2004 Katana 600
                D&D carbon fiber slip-on
                K&N Filter
                Dynojet jet kit

Comment

"Most brands of jetkits come with multiple jet sizes, so the advice holds true for just about all of them."

I figured so but I have only used dynojet brand thus far so I didnt want to make assumptions........
                  2004 Katana 600
                  D&D carbon fiber slip-on
                  K&N Filter
                  Dynojet jet kit

Comment

Working...
                  X