X

jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet kit

Will installing a jet kit affect my gas mileage and if so approx. who much?

+1 to that...I also want to know what kind of difference a jet kit will make with an aftermarket slip-on exhaust.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

it definately affected my gas mileage by about 4 mpg or so when i installed all my mods together but the midrange is much better, i cant tell about the top end since the midrange is so much stronger that the boost of power above 7k rpms is a little less pronounced
      2004 Katana 600
      D&D carbon fiber slip-on
      Factory ignition advancer
      K&N Filter
      Dynojet jet kit

Comment

I have a stage 3 jet kit in a 1100, and I still get great gas milage. Maybe 130miles per tank or so? More if it is just highway, less if I play
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

130 miles per tank lol thats nothing for me i get about 200 from my 600
          2004 Katana 600
          D&D carbon fiber slip-on
          K&N Filter
          Dynojet jet kit

Comment

If you are getting 200 miles tank range on your Kat, a jet kit will definitely eat into that heavily -- I suspect your bike is jetted superlean already to get that kind of mileage.

There are certain considerations involved. The jetkits are all designed to flow more fuel to the engine, to let it create more power. If idealized burn is 14.7:1 (air to fuel ratio) and your bike is at that, then you can expect about a 12% decrease in mileage with a typical jetkit (since the jetkits are normally tuned to give the bike about a 13:1 fuel-air ratio). Naturally, if your riding style changes as a result of the extra power, your gas mileage may decrease further

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

"If you are getting 200 miles tank range on your Kat, a jet kit will definitely eat into that heavily -- I suspect your bike is jetted superlean already to get that kind of mileage."

I was getting 220 out of my bike before i installed the jet kit and other mods, but that is eating into the reserve a little as i go between 10-20 miles on reserve before i gas up. still ,the tank has a 5.3 gallon capacity and i have never put in more than 4.3 gallons to fill it.................
              2004 Katana 600
              D&D carbon fiber slip-on
              K&N Filter
              Dynojet jet kit

Comment

Working...
              X