Strange rubber cover over engine...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it on my bike to . Mayby its a europethingie
    I got the 04 750 GSXF
    Write this down. E. M. E. T. I. B. Got it? Now, reverse it.

Comment

If you are worried about water on your coils, wrap them with electric tape or something. Then you will have no worries!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I crammed a bunch of dielectric grease in there, so I wasn't worried about that. My only worry left is that it would somehow negatively affect the heat dissipation of the engine/bike...
        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

The real question I have is:

Given the same basic block size/shape, same coils, same arrangement, did Suzuki skip the rubber matt on the 600's as a cost-cutting measure, or is there something unique to the 750's aerodynamics (because of the larger oil cooler or steering damper) that makes the extra help necessary under certain circumstances?

I just don't get it... And with now 40k miles between two Kat 600's, I still don't miss it...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I was actually going to contact Suzuki to see if anyone there know the answer, but when I visited their webpage, they basically said that they do not accept emails...

They say to 1st check the FAQ (which I doubt this subject is listed in), then to check your local dealer (which are idiots around here and probably wouldn't know), and then finally (if your issue wasn't resolved yet) they will accept letters via US mail...

When I get the motivation (and time), I might actually send them a letter... or two (in case they blow me off or something).

Then, we will finally have an answer to this great mystery.
            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Teh_K, try Mark Reese, [email protected] or 714/996-7040, ext. 2262, should be able to help you with your question.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks, CP! Email sent - I'll post our emails when he replies.

Comment

Actually, that email doesn't work. It comes back undeliverable :\

Is there a plan B? I really don't think he would know the answers off the top of his head, so I would rather email him than to call him and put him on the spot...

Comment

Try at Suzuki.com instead.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Probably should have mentioned that I did that too, with no luck. I just might have to call him if nothing on Google turns up.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K
                        Probably should have mentioned that I did that too, with no luck. I just might have to call him if nothing on Google turns up.
                        He might have moved on and been replaced by someone else in the mean time...

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X