X

Motorcycle jacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle jacks

will the standard style motorcycle jack work with the kats? or do you need one with special adapters?

it will work but your gonna have to take the belly pan off, i think the universal race stands are a better ideayou leave the whole under belly free.

Comment

are you talking about the Hydraulic ones they sell at Autozone/Sears/Ect.? if you are then Nope! your oil pan and collector pipe will be on the way. with the weight of the Kat, you'll Crush those 2 in a Heartbeat. even if you fab an adaptor, i wouldn't trust it. a race stand would be better but for about $120-ish i just made my own pm me if you want details. i'll take pix and post it if anyone's interested, let me know.
      PAUL
      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I am assuming that you want to remove your wheels to put on new tires. If that is the case all you need is the centerstand. I put the bike on the centerstand and removed the rear wheel. Then I loosened up everything I need to on the front wheel. I had someone push down on the tail and I slipped the front wheel out. I blocked up the forks with some concrete blocks that I had. You could also build a simple front end stand. http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9564

Comment

Originally posted by seqx34
          are you talking about the Hydraulic ones they sell at Autozone/Sears/Ect.? if you are then Nope! your oil pan and collector pipe will be on the way. with the weight of the Kat, you'll Crush those 2 in a Heartbeat. even if you fab an adaptor, i wouldn't trust it. a race stand would be better but for about $120-ish i just made my own pm me if you want details. i'll take pix and post it if anyone's interested, let me know.
          Lets see the pics!

Comment

I gave mine away, never used it.

They just suck and are unsafe for our types of bikes.

If you even tap the bike it will fall over, although it does have spots for tow straps.

Comment

thanks. I didn't think it would work. I wanted one for a couple of reasons. unfortunately, someone removed the centerstand from my bike but I think I can get jimmy to help me

Comment

You can get a centerstand on ebay or possibly from SpecialK (send him a PM) or from another KR member...

IMHO: for the Kat, you either need race stands (support the forks & swing arm), center stand (OEM), or a commercial-style jack (the two types that work for you are the one which lifts the bike by the wheels, and the ones that lift it by the pivot hole in the frame). Or the cheap, simple way is to build a stand out of plumbing pipe and use ratchet straps to lift it up. Someone around here had a link to a good write up on how to make on that was over at one the VFR-oriented boards.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Or the cheap, simple way is to build a stand out of plumbing pipe and use ratchet straps to lift it up. Someone around here had a link to a good write up on how to make on that was over at one the VFR-oriented board.
                  Did you read the reast of the thread?

Originally posted by tzortn
                  You could also build a simple front end stand. http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9564
                  Sorry CP I had to give you a hard time. I see one of these in my near future.

Comment

Did you read the reast of the thread?
                    Not fully -- my other half was talking to me at that instant... She is very distracting when she's not wearing anything but a smile...

Sorry CP I had to give you a hard time. I see one of these in my near future.
                    Why didn't you simply list the original link?

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Not a problem Bob. I will be Glad to help you out. Just bring the bike over to my house and we can change every thing out.
                      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by seqx34
                        Lets see the pics!
                        Ask and you shall recieve

well since i fabbed a mount for the spools

this is how the top of my stand looks like

since you dont have one (spools), as you can see from the pix above, you'll notice those cotter pins. i can easilly slide them out and replace them with this

they are stable as hell that in order for you to tip the bike over, you'll have to apply enough force - meaning you pushed it in purpose(sp?)

if anybody is interested, i can do a write up on it with the exact measurements and i can post it, just let me know! (if nobody wants it, i wont even bother wasting my time with the write up)
                        PAUL
                        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

yes please post the measurements. that looks fairly simple to build. except for the brackets. what did you use for those?

Comment

Working...
                          X