X

Was just thinking....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was just thinking....

I wanted to know if its possible to put a nitrous oxide system on a 05 Kat 600? There is all kinds of kits for fuel injected bikes but have not seen any for carb. bikes, any info would help. Im gonna stretch my bike to keep any power I make to the ground.
    sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

How much money you got laying around is the real question? Nitrous Oxide sure, EFi's the best method and surely the way to go. Conversions are available online. Look up (search) "Definitive" to find the thread by TheSteve and how to convert to EFI on a Katana.

It can be done, but you gotta put your wallet in your mouth first.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
      How much money you got laying around is the real question? Nitrous Oxide sure, EFi's the best method and surely the way to go. Conversions are available online. Look up (search) "Definitive" to find the thread by TheSteve and how to convert to EFI on a Katana.

It can be done, but you gotta put your wallet in your mouth first.
      OMFG!!! first of all alot of props to TheSteve for posting that howto, second I just learned that I should buy a EFi bike if I want NOS. Anyways, thanks for the reply, it was a big help
      sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Simple...
        you need to buy or build a wet set up
        the main thing is you need to use a fuel pump to build up the pressure for the Fuel spray to work with the NOS spray.
        usually you can buy a wet kit for $500-700 and can give you a nice 30-40hp safely
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

No need to worry about keeping power to the ground, especially on the 600.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

IMO, save your money and just get a faster bike... used Bandit 1200 can easily be found around $3000, those engines can take much more performance HopUp and still be reliable.

Comment

Whoa, whoa, you can think!? Lol just joshin'

Comment

well as long as it is like the title says....was just thinking,
                think about buying a bigger bike. you can dump all that money in a 600, then maybe be able to take a vfr800 or something.

dunno....just don't see the sense in trying to gain that much from a 600 when you can just buy a bigger bike for cheaper than the mods. you can't just add nitrous and expect your engine too last any amount of time without beefing it up some. all you will accomplish is shortening the life of your engine, and if you are really lucky and catch me by surprise, you might be able to catch my 1100 briefly.....but very briefly

there you go...pick up an 1100 for cheap and forget the nitrous.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X