X

How much can you do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much can you do

Besides swaping engine's what all can I do to my +98 600 to add some more power. Every little bit count's right, I changed the sprocket's already to 14/49. I'm looking for a 750 header(do any other headers fit up like the 750 does) I thought I heard something about jet kit's not being necessary unless you are doing a full exhaust change. I put a D&D Slip-on on it. Any suggestions help, Oh yeah I also do the short's and tank top with sneakers on, I heard it gives the stickers more hp.
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Ivan's JetKit.
    Ignition Advancer.
    Full Exhaust (Hindle recommended, many choices available).
    Full leathers...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks cyber, is it just me or is the traffic on KR slowed down?
      Anyway's what will the jet kit do on the set up I have now? And should I only do stage one. Let's say money isnt a factor.(one thing at a time isnt really too expensive)With the ignition advancer what does it really do? should I go with the "poorman's method" or spend some money on one. Again, my Kat is all I have left I dont place a value on it. It is to me what a Sword is to a samurai. My wife and daughter suck the rest of the life out of me. So as for the hindle well,,,,(Canadian's have never really been known for being umm,, noticed no, no, no that's not the right word. Loud yeah that'll work ) And the leather's all I dont have is the leather pant's. That's next.

Comment

number one key thing for better performance
        1. practice, practice and practice!!
        2. nothing better than experience IMHO
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I totally agree Thaz, But I'm not trying to modify my riding skill's just the bike. Money cant make me a better rider, but can trick the snot out of a Kat. It's potential is limit less thats way we own them.
          :P

Comment

Originally posted by QuickKat
            I totally agree Thaz, But I'm not trying to modify my riding skill's just the bike. Money cant make me a better rider, but can trick the snot out of a Kat. It's potential is limit less thats way we own them.
            :P
            there are many bolt on's to make it look better but for performance I have to agree with Cyber on his list and add NOS LOL

there is a thread on a turbo for a Kat and someone has one that is together and running but are you sure you want to go that way? If not get a big bore kit, say 771cc
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Whoa lol dang I dont think I'll go turbo. I was just thinking about suping up the stock 600 engine. Reboring seem's a little bit much. How hard would it be to do.
              Bolt ons nah it's a Katana with a cowl it already looks good.

Comment

Thanks cyber, is it just me or is the traffic on KR slowed down?
                Summer -- people in the north are trying to enjoy their weather (evil grin).

Anyway's what will the jet kit do on the set up I have now? And should I only do stage one.
                There is only one stage to Ivan's kit, and that's the stage you should do.

With the ignition advancer what does it really do?
                See: http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10038

should I go with the "poorman's method" or spend some money on one.
                Pay the $46 to SpecialK and have him send you the V&H version.

So as for the hindle well,,,,(Canadian's have never really been known for being umm,, noticed no, no, no that's not the right word. Loud yeah that'll work )
                Yeah, but their end-to-end system would seem (based on dyno output charts I've seen) to actually put the largest HP & torque increase for the Kat of any aftermarket exhaust. It may be that they actually engineered it well for the Kat (repleat with fine-tuning), or it may just be a fluke of their designs, but they would seem to do the trick better than any other header... The fact that I love the way their cans sound doesn't hurt either, but that isn't significant.

Also:
                Find a cheap dyno place close to you, someone who will do runs for $20 or $25 regularly. That way you can immediately see what the benefits were from any specific upgrade by comparing output to output.
                KNOW THIS:
                dyno machines are unique. Never compare output from one dyno to output from another; stick with the same machine for comparisons.
                a bad chain and sprockets can easily suck 8 to 12% of the power output of the engine away.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well Specialk what do you want me to do?

Comment

Well Specialk what do you want me to do?
                    Send him a PM... his day-to-day life is too busy to watch all the threads.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

what is up with all the dyno preaching i see on this forum?

i mean... realistically... peak dyno HP doesnt mean jack if you have to wind the pi$$ out of the engine to reach it right?

i was always told the best tuning is done w/ a exhaust gas analyzer and just plain hoping on the bike and going for a ride.
                      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                        what is up with all the dyno preaching i see on this forum?

i mean... realistically... peak dyno HP doesnt mean jack if you have to wind the pi$$ out of the engine to reach it right?

i was always told the best tuning is done w/ a exhaust gas analyzer and just plain hoping on the bike and going for a ride.
                        The dyno machines normally give you both a load on the engine and the exhaust analysis on the spot, so you can look at and tune every aspect of the carbs (such as "look, under load it's going too rich at 4600 - 4900 RPM). An exhaust analyzer will do the trick as well, if you can figure out how to connect it so it takes measurements while in motion, or are willing to settle with the results at a stand-still (which may vary some, but shouldn't be significant in most situations -- the problem is those oddball situations where it is significant).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X