X

Make sure its tight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure its tight!

Welli was coming the other morning and doin around 50 around this little sweeper and all of a suddin my back tire come out from under me luckly i kept it up right but when i looked up i saw a white blazer right in front of me! Scary stuff! what hapend was i guess i didnt tightn up my oil drain plug b/c somehow it came loose and soacked my back tire making all that happen . SO my question is does anyone know the size of the plug b/c i went back and walked it but coldnt finde it.

For something like this, I would buy and OEM one from your local Suzuki slealership

Comment

It's M14-1.25. Suzuki part number 09247-14002.

You may have left it too loose, or you may have over-tightened it (causing the threads of the pan to strip and the bolt to subsequently drop). If it's too loose, it usually will come out within five to ten miles; if it was stripped by overtightening, it usually takes quite a bit longer (50 to 150 miles).

Always use a torque wrench when reinstalling your oil pan bolt, and tighten it to spec (16.5 lb-ft), and use a copper crush washer when installing.

Alternative:
      Contact fumoto valve and order a F111 oil drain valve (about $25). Install it in place of the stock valve, and you'll never need to remove the drain again (just open the valve). But you'll need to dremel the oil pan ridge next to the drain bolt hole to have enough space to rotate it into place. I love mine

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thank you much for the replys and i didnt even think about gettin the valve! i have one on my jeep. Thats what im going to go wit! thanks again...

Comment

Well i went to damn near every hardwear stor in my town and there was no such thing as a 14 mil. 1.25 pitch! so after being mad i went to the honda shop and just got one of there plugs that was a M14 1.50 and that is that right one not M14 1.25

Comment

Originally posted by Nakedrider
            Well i went to damn near every hardwear stor in my town and there was no such thing as a 14 mil. 1.25 pitch! so after being mad i went to the honda shop and just got one of there plugs that was a M14 1.50 and that is that right one not M14 1.25
            That's weird... the M14-1.5 that Fumoto sent me was wrong; the M14-1.25 they replaced it wtih fit my 01 600 perfectly.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X