X

Fuel problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problems

removed the tank to clean air filter put it back on and the bike gave me problems i left the tank lifted a bit runs no problem, put it back in place the way it should go and it runs for a bit but if i turn it off for about 1/2 it wont start anymore, i have to lifted take the fuel line off the petcock put it back on, and then i can run it, now im guessing that a line is clipped somehow ive looked cant see anything wrong, anyone know the way i should be running the hoses down there?

Originally posted by HungLow View Post
    removed the tank to clean air filter put it back on and the bike gave me problems i left the tank lifted a bit runs no problem, put it back in place the way it should go and it runs for a bit but if i turn it off for about 1/2 it wont start anymore, i have to lifted take the fuel line off the petcock put it back on, and then i can run it, now im guessing that a line is clipped somehow ive looked cant see anything wrong, anyone know the way i should be running the hoses down there?
    They should be running on either side of the carbs, there's really no place the tank should be pinching them. If they're running anywhere the tank can pinch them, they're wrong.

Comment

? the over flow goes across the tank on the bottom, and so does the vacuum this is a 01 750

Comment

The overflow should just go down the same side of the bike as it is on the bottom of the tank. The vacuum hose goes from the petcock across the top of the carbs. The vaccuum line might be getting pinched on the top of one of the carbs. I would just make sure it's sitting in there safely when before you put the tank on and see how that goes.
        Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

yeah i think that might be my problem because if i leave the tank just ontop not where it should be i dont have a problem

Comment

Working...
          X