Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

96 ninja ZX9 HELP!! stalls on different times/when it wants to!??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 ninja ZX9 HELP!! stalls on different times/when it wants to!??

Ok the guys at zxforums are either stupid or dumb - i kno i can get answers on here!first i didnt sync the carbs after i just cleaned them & New plugs!
    i dont really know how but im about to figure it out

WEll It doesnt want to stay running unless it idles at atleast 1500-2000rpms if it gets down to 1200 it cuts of - even as it warms up

& even as it warms up it could stall while idling, and then not wanna start up right away again.

sometimes im driving 30mins into driving ]when its all warmed up. the bike shuts off after I try and go real fast /& or fast quick-
    and it stalls sometimes when i down shift from after going fast

AND it after riding for however long 30mins-2hours or whatever?
    I turn the bike off and if its less then 15minutes. It starts-but once i start letting the clutch out! the thing stalls! everytime. so i have to let it kool down longer & then it will work

what makes it stall when i let the clutch out??

if someone can answer my all my problems would be awesome! ASAP

You said it shuts off when you try to accelerate quickly? That's an indication that it's being starved for fuel.

For the clutch stalling thing... if you were to give it a lot of throttle while letting the clutch out, would it still stall?

Comment

As has been mentioned before...

If it sputters/stumbles... probably a fuel issue.
      If it outright cuts off... probably an electrical issue.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

When i let the the clutch out at any! rpms it cuts off but then i let it kool down it will go like normal,
        I know i didnt replace the fuel filter, but it looks good/decent but i dont kno what it looked liked when it was new-

new fuel line also - and full tank of gas too

Comment

Working...
        X