X

Wont Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wont Start

I have posted before about not being able to get my bike started. Its a 1990 Katana 750. I have cleaned the carbs and messed with quit a few different things. I havent done a compression check yet cause i dont have the tool to do it. I have took of the valve cover and checked the valves and everything looks good. I was told to try to bump start it but i was wondering if that would hurt anything if the rings were bad or broke. Please reply asap and everything will be greatly appreciated.

I can't think of why "bump" starting would work over the starter motor. Since you can crank it by hand well enough to check the valves I'm betting nothing is that bad. Try a few spoons of oil in the spark plug holes.
    (this will help seal the rings well enough to start)
    Maybe..
    I think you need to either note your other post or
    tell us what you have checked.. I don't want to ask
    a bunch of questions you already answered once..

Comment

Re: Wont Start

[quote="Katana750"]I have posted before about not being able to get my bike started. Its a 1990 Katana 750. I have cleaned the carbs and messed with quit a few different things. I havent done a compression check yet cause i dont have the tool to do it. I have took of the valve cover and checked the valves and everything looks good. I was told to try to bump start it but i was wondering if that would hurt anything if the rings were bad or broke. Please reply asap and everything will be greatly appreciated.

I have cleaned the carbs, put new gas and oil in, put new plugs, and checked all of the valves to see if the were stuck and there not, have also checked the timing and it was good

Comment

Working...
      X