X

01 Katana Starting Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Katana Starting Problems

Ok here is the problem i am having i just got me an 01 Katana 600 i had to pull off the carbs and clean them out well after i got all that done put it all back together and when i went to start it the starter would not engage now i cant tell if its the starter switch or the starter now when the bike is in gear i can hear the relay clicking when i hold the clutch in but when it is in neutral i cant i need some help here please.....

Do you have a full charge on your battery?

Is the kick stand up?

Did you double check all of your electrical connections?

Did you check all of your fuses?

Do you have a multi-meter?
    Last edited by ATOMonkey; 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

did the bike start prior to service, if yes then double check everything you did
      this is the best icon eva

Comment

well my dad gave me the bike he had took all the panels off of it to have it painted well he had to move to orlando when he did he told me i could have the bike well i got it home rebuilt the carbs cause he told me that they needed to be rebuilt but that is all i done to it my dad said it ran great when he parked it all it needed was a tune up and the carbs rebuilt so thats all i done all the connections seem to be fine from what i can tell there is nothing un pluged i tried the whole put the bike in gear and roll it down the road nothing the bike puttered then that was that but i tried the button after that nothing...Bran new battery fresh charge im stumped.....unless its just straight up the starter

Comment

Make sure the clutch safety switch is working, the kill switch, and the kickstand switch. Those all can prevent it from turning over. You can jump the starter at the relay to rule out the starter.
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Punctuation

Originally posted by greddyrcng View Post
            well my dad gave me the bike he had took all the panels off of it to have it painted well he had to move to orlando when he did he told me i could have the bike well i got it home rebuilt the carbs cause he told me that they needed to be rebuilt but that is all i done to it my dad said it ran great when he parked it all it needed was a tune up and the carbs rebuilt so thats all i done all the connections seem to be fine from what i can tell there is nothing un pluged i tried the whole put the bike in gear and roll it down the road nothing the bike puttered then that was that but i tried the button after that nothing...Bran new battery fresh charge im stumped.....unless its just straight up the starter

Five End-Mark Rules
            1. A statement is followed by a period.
            2. A question is followed by a question mark.
            3. An exclamation is followed by an exclamation point.
            4. An imperative sentence is followed by either a period or an exclamation point.
            5. An abbreviation is followed by a period.
            Seven Capitalization Rules
            1. Capitalize the first word in every sentence.
            2. Capitalize the pronoun I.
            3. Capitalize the interjection O.
            4. Capitalize proper nouns.
              • people's names
              • geographical names
              • special events
              • historical events/periods
              • nationalities, races, religions
              • brand names
              • ships, planets, awards, specific places, things, events
            5. Capitalize proper adjectives.
            6. Do not capitalize the names of school subjects except languages and course names followed by a number.
            7. Capitalize titles.
              • title before a name
              • title of high official
              • family relationship when used with or in place of person's name
              • first and all important words of publication titles, movies, songs, works of art
              • words referring to the Deity (other than those of ancient mythology)
            Last edited by garrisonls; 10-21-2009, 12:47 AM.
            sigpic
            A little throttle and ease out the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
              Make sure the clutch safety switch is working, the kill switch, and the kickstand switch. Those all can prevent it from turning over. You can jump the starter at the relay to rule out the starter.
              I am having similar issues, except mine just quit starting without popping the clutch 2 days ago. Before that it was fine with no sign of trouble. To jump the starter, do you just remove the plug that goes into the relay between the main fuse and spare, and use something to quickly bridge the contacts? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I usually just stick a screw driver in between the two posts on the solenoid . It will make some sparks but will turn over the motor

Comment

Thats what I do as well
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                  X