tensioner spring and exhaust gasket question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tensioner spring and exhaust gasket question

Hi all,
    In my quest to quiet my bike, I figured at 23k miles it's probably time to replace the tensioner spring. I ordered the spring and all associated tensioner gaskets from bikebandit. A couple days ago it came in and yippee I got everything except the spring which was backordered. It said something about them not having any in the North American warehouses or whatever.
    Anyways I pull the tensioner off to see what's going on. Not a speck of dirt ANYWHERE. Everything is nice and clean, and the spring looks like a.... well a spring. It is straight, isn't bent, but I have no idea if it's fatigued. I have nothing to compare it to, so I don't know if it's bad. I'm pretty sure it's the original so I'd like to replace it anyways having 23k miles. Does anyone know the part # for that on a '95 600? I'm looking at ronayers and bikebandit microfiche, but I'm not so sure if that's the suzuki number.

Also...I have noticed that on my yoshi headers, I have no exhaust gaskets. The stock 600's had gaskets, and the 750's don't according to bikebandit. Mine's a 600 with what appears to be the larger 750 header. I can almost feel the exhaust leaks around the top of the headers.... am I supposed to have gaskets? any ideas? :-k
    '01 TL1000R

Yes you are suposed to have gaskets.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

awesome, I'll go ahead and order some for a 750, I'll assume my larger yoshi pipes are equivalent to a 750's.
      '01 TL1000R

Comment

The part numbers on those fiche sites usually aren't the suzuki numbers . I found them once before on some salvage site , but I don't think I'd remember where to look (kinda stumbled on it) . But it IS out there if you look ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X